Pebble Beach

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
My E9 crossing the rostrum at Pebble Beach a very proud 2nd in class, beaten by a 507 with a $1m restoration by last years Best in Show winner

Great meeting so many of you I had never met before.

We are starting to get recognized in very high places guys.

Pete

14100391_10210694399142471_8564759734850798996_n.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well done Pete it was nice meeting you at Amelia this year, would love to see your cars in person one day. Cheers.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, what a cool profile! Is that a 4355xxx CSL judging on the three fin rear spoiler?

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well done Pete it was nice meeting you at Amelia this year, would love to see your cars in person one day. Cheers.

Always enjoy sharing Steve with other like minded/passionate BMW fans :)

Yes, Keshav, series 2 Batmobile.

Thank you for the kind words guys......

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all your cars rather than hiding them away. Loved seeing them all.
The first e9 (and 2002) on the lawn at Pebble Beach. And not the last...

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations and well deserved Peter. As an aside, last May the Puget Sound chapter held a show and shine at the LeMay Museum in Tacoma. A group of about twelve e9s met in Redmond to take a back roads drive down to Tacoma. Remember this is May in the Northwest and the forecast was marginal. As we're getting ready to leave in drives Peter with this car. "Ready to go mates?" he says and we proceed to make the drive in intermittent showers to the grass field adjacent to the museum. Not only does Pete share his cars with fellow enthusiasts but he drives them!

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations and well deserved Peter. As an aside, last May the Puget Sound chapter held a show and shine at the LeMay Museum in Tacoma. A group of about twelve e9s met in Redmond to take a back roads drive down to Tacoma. Remember this is May in the Northwest and the forecast was marginal. As we're getting ready to leave in drives Peter with this car. "Ready to go mates?" he says and we proceed to make the drive in intermittent showers to the grass field adjacent to the museum. Not only does Pete share his cars with fellow enthusiasts but he drives them!

Thanks Bill and all you other kind souls, I know I am lucky having what I have . As I like to say "looking at them in a dark lonely warehouse and drooling over them on my own, wouldn't be much fun" Driving and sharing the passion is whats its all about.......and yes, Bill is correct even in the rain.......... I wonder how many of those Pebble Beach cars had seen spirited driving in the rain? :)

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pete,
A pleasure to meet you, finally! I greatly appreciate your patience as we moved you around so many times on that Sunday morning. I am hopeful the 'upgrade' to the water front was worth that third effort? ;)

Your car looked stunning on water and even better on the ramp! A very serious congratulations to you. This was my 14th year volunteering for Pebble and to see an E9 on the ramp truly realized a dream -that the Coupes finally get acknowledged in the big leagues.

Hoping to see you again soon......
Very best regards,
Paul Cain

m73

Reaction score
Sweet ride would be an understatement. How many offers did you get from BMW NA to flat-out buy this chassis? They must be crazy not to try & commandeer your vessel....I know I would :)

BMW zenturm (SC) would not be a bad home for it ;) (kidding of course....)

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Paul,
Thank you, you guys were all great and so professional -l I also could not believe how many of the volunteers are E9 coupe guys and girls? Hopefully we get to see you in the NW one day and we can have a little fun.

Lorenzo,
Grazie my friend, you also have some wonderful toys yourself and your memorabilia - Fantastico!

To everybody else, DeQuincey, Wally, Markos, Craterface, Ohmess, Myfemurhurts, M73 and so many others ......Thank you, its a fun journey we have all shared so far and will continue to share as time goes on.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm sorry that we didn't cross paths. Between not having my car there and arriving later, I didn't get a chance to meet many new people. Maybe next year.

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Hi Pete and congrats!

Knowing a little bit of the history of the car and the excellent original condition (including the period correct lightweight Battery with 36Ah), I'm little bit curious if the judges managed to find any kind of remark about the pristine condition and originality of this correct Bat?

All the best
Cheers
Henric

Last edited: