period Radio

lee davis

Reaction score
good Morning

would anyone be able to help me with a Period Radio for one of my customers for his 1973 3.0cs which might be in working order.

Kind Regards

Shawn

Reaction score
"extra" radio

I have an extra Blaupunkt radio that was factory OEM on early E9's. I bought it as a "back up" to mine in case anything happens but nothing every does....

I will send you pictures if you PM me with your email address.

This is the original size radio that is for the normal (and small) cut out in the face plate of the center console.

if that has been cut larger or modified over the years (which some have) then this might not fit well.

Thanks,

Shawn Hanson

shanon

Reaction score
If seeking a period correct look with Becker or Blaupunct, ya gotta have the 'CS knobs' instead of the flat plastic P-car or VW styles.

...kinda wish I still had mine, but I know it went to a good home. I wouldn't be able to hear it anyway. ;-)

koenig-classics has a lot of good reference info & images etc.

hth
-shanon

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Although the vast majority of the coupes were fitted with Blaupunkts, Becker radios/stereos were available as factory options according the the orange parts books.

I recently bought a refurbished Becker 6 button Europa II with an ipod plug on the front faceplate. What a thing of beauty with that chromed faceplate. IMHO, the Beckers look much better and are better constructed than the run of the mill Blaupunkts. Best yet, these period Beckers are still being serviced with new parts by Becker. They can install pre-amp outputs for about $50 so modern external amplifiers could be used for better sound.

Here is a link that provides a look into all the classic Becker units: http://www.blackforestllc.com/becker/index.html

This is the link for Becker USA: http://www.beckerautosound.com/Classic/classic_parst.html

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1 on finding an original radio, new or old guts, Becker or Blaupunkt, it adds much to the character of the car. Mine came dealer installed with a Becker radio and glovebox cassette and is a nice conversation piece. It's rarely on because I prefer the sound of the engine but I think it looks cool! :mrgreen:

IMG00209-20100831-2243.jpg

Cassette.jpg

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Orangener, any idea which of these radios will fit the twin post facia sold by parkerperformance? It seems the blaupunkt kiln will not fit.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If seeking a period correct look with Becker or Blaupunct, ya gotta have the 'CS knobs' instead of the flat plastic P-car or VW styles.

...kinda wish I still had mine, but I know it went to a good home. I wouldn't be able to hear it anyway. ;-)

koenig-classics has a lot of good reference info & images etc.

hth
-shanon

I need the knobs