Perspex/Lexan windows

gazzol

Reaction score
Any of you guys used plastic side windows in your coupes? I was about to pull the trigger on a set but then someone said that due to the frameless doors the front windows will flex outwards at high speeds. Does anyone have experience of this? Thanks in advance.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have them, rear sides (fixed) and rear windshield. No problems at German autobahn high speeds. If you are considering original Perspex ones, they will most likely be pretty scratched after 5 decades. Lexan would be an option from this Company in the UK.
The rear side windows in plexiglass are fixed, no lowering them and special brackets needed to affix.

Keshav

ps. It was the rear windshield that, on occasion, popped out with increased cabin pressure. Many race cars used a simple method to hold them in place…see pic
89431A1D-EA13-40B8-AE91-2BEB1E444569.jpeg

Last edited:

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm running Lexan rear and rear side windows. Same as Keshav, no issues. Originals are like unicorns. Now go and find three at once :D

Honolulu

Reaction score
Wonder if their product has the fit issues so many have reported of other aftermarket pieces.

One one hand, I've read Carl Nelson attributes most fit problems to flexed/distorted bodies, while SFDON (I read, again) says many pieces of aftermarket glass aren't a close match. I should, someday, replace my front, and this far out in the pond, a dealer order with return privileges would seem to be the best way to do it.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wonder if their product has the fit issues so many have reported of other aftermarket pieces.

One one hand, I've read Carl Nelson attributes most fit problems to flexed/distorted bodies, while SFDON (I read, again) says many pieces of aftermarket glass aren't a close match. I should, someday, replace my front, and this far out in the pond, a dealer order with return privileges would seem to be the best way to do it.

I had not fitment issues.