Petri Horn Button

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking for a horn button for my Petri wheel. In particular I need the BMW logo that goes in the horn button. Please let me know if you have anything.

Thank you,
Mike

Attachments

• petri.JPG
    petri.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 297

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
The BMW Petri horn button has got to be one of the hardest CS part to get a hold of as they are rarely, if ever, separated from the steering wheel. Finding a good Petri wheel with/without horn button is much, much easier. Don't believe the horn button, nor the mounting hub were ever available separately. There was a nice genuine Petri/BMW horn button that was on German Ebay recently, but the seller prematurely ended the auction before it was sold.

John S

Reaction score
I have Petri steering wheels on all three of my cars. Two of them have the original Petri horn buttions which others have already mentioned are very difficult to find. On one of my Petri wheels I installed a Momo BMW horn button. These are also getting pretty hard to find, but they do fit. Probably easier to find an old Momo horn button (with BMW logo) than it is to find a Petri one. Good luck,
John

EDIT:
Here's a Momo horn button like I used on ebay. I didn't use the ring, just the horn button. It's a tight fit, but it fits and looks good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOMO-BMW-Ce...ies&hash=item20db678384&vxp=mtr#ht_373wt_1105

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1 rarely seen on ebay germany

The BMW Petri horn button has got to be one of the hardest CS part to get a hold of as they are rarely, if ever, separated from the steering wheel. Finding a good Petri wheel with/without horn button is much, much easier. Don't believe the horn button, nor the mounting hub were ever available separately. There was a nice genuine Petri/BMW horn button that was on German Ebay recently, but the seller prematurely ended the auction before it was sold.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
only way to get burned is by accepting paypal and then ship it ... and have the buyer say he didn't get it, or it was damaged, or not as advertized. in the past, paypal would grab the money back + refund it to the buyer and the seller has nothing. that happened to a couple of guys i know.

my understanding is that paypal has changed the rules slightly ... but i'm not sure how much

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Of course, they're not, but it's better than an empty hole in your steering wheel.

:-o ha,ha,ha

i have one spare petri horn button ideal for an empty hole, :idea:

or on the contrary i need a petry steering wheel to go around my spare horn button
which way should i go ?

this button came from a little job i did two years ago for a friend adapting an alpina horn button to his petri, in exchange to the job he gave me the button, do not know if the job was well payed,...

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I go between my wood petri-esque Nardi and the Petri, just put the Petri back on for the winter. Can't have too many options!

I know I need a Petri. What is the holy grail model? (Size,, leather?) I know I would prefer leather to rubber.
Have a Lotus Elan wheel I can trade.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
38 cm leather Petri wheel with correct BMW hub/horn contact ring and horn button. 40 cm unit is too big and the 35 cm wheel is too small. Also, these tend to have the embossed leatherette foam grips which feel "foamy" instead of the hard solid grip of the 380mm wheel. Some Petris were also fitted on the early VW Sciroccos.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
38 cm leather Petri wheel with correct BMW hub/horn contact ring and horn button. 40 cm unit is too big and the 35 cm wheel is too small. Also, these tend to have the embossed leatherette foam grips which feel "foamy" instead of the hard solid grip of the 380mm wheel. Some Petris were also fitted on the early VW Sciroccos.

+1
probably yes this is the RIGHT one, but i have a 40cm unit and i am happy with it