Petri Sport Steering Wheel/Blaupunkt Radio Questions.

Delia

Reaction score
Hi, I'm from the BMW 2002faq, but I just love those coupes!!!

Anyway, in order to finish off the install of a 380mm Petri Sport Steering wheel to my '73tii, I needed a proper hub shroud and horn button.

A couple weeks ago, I scored a well-used 380mm leather Sport Wheel with the above mentioned parts and also a European Blaupunkt Bamburg LMU channel AM/FM Cassette (circa 1971) with power amp and front/rear fader knob all nicely still attached to its trapezoidal faceplate. The parts are from a 2800 coupe that had been imported by a US Serviceman. The radio was purchased for the BMW dash-matched knobs.

The wheel arrived with the precious shroud intact, and the horn button cleaned up extremely well. The radio knobs are OK, so I got what I expected from the deal.

So, having what I need, I'm wondering what to do with the remaining bits.

The Petri wheel spokes are pitted far beyond the usual buffing-out and the leather is cracked, dry and beyond help as well. I'd love to get it re-done, but AGLA seems a bit pricey. The E9 hub is good.

The radio has what appears to be a dusting of rust everywhere and is not very pretty. I've no idea if it works. Would make a proper accessory a Euro-spec coupe of any early 1970s stripe, or just parts to fix what's already out there.

I'd love to trade these bits for a proper 350mm leather wheel for my '73tii, or perhaps some other 2002 or tii parts. What have you?

Cheers!

Delia

San Francisco