Petri Steering Wheel Question

bmwm3owner

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a friend that has a nice 38cm Petri wheel that he is willing to sell for me. It came off a 2002. I believe the horn contacts for the 2002 and the E9 are different. Perhaps the one he has will work if I add a horn ring to the adapter? If there is more involved, does anyone have a Petri adapter for the E9? Any advice is appreciated.

Sash

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you want to be sure that the metal plating on the petri spokes is in good visual shape. refinshing the metal can be an expensive proposition. i presume that the wheel is the rubber cover that looks like vinyl ... which most of the petri wheels are

bmwm3owner

Reaction score
you want to be sure that the metal plating on the petri spokes is in good visual shape. refinshing the metal can be an expensive proposition. i presume that the wheel is the rubber cover that looks like vinyl ... which most of the petri wheels are
From the photos I have seen, it’s looks like it is in nice shape. The grip does look like rubber, which confirms what you have stated. I guess that means I just need to find a adapter for my car or add the ring for the horn contact?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
just get the horn contact from @Wladek - finding an e9 hub can be very time consuming and expensive as they are rarely sold by themselves.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
finding an e9 hub can be very time consuming and expensive as they are rarely sold by themselves

i have E9 (CSL Length) brand new hub/ cover immediately available for sale although I agree that the @Wladek solution is way cheaper.