Petri Wheel Refinishing

wcl4

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone have a place that refinishes the silver spokes? What was the surface plating used to begin with? Thanks.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
in order to replate the surface, you will have to remove the rubber wheel finish ... which will throw you into a different restoration cost category ... i.e., building back up and wrapping in leather.
this is why most e9 people tell you to avoid petri wheels with pitted or corroded metal. there might be some metal treatments to restore or treat the metal, i am just familiar with those products.

wcl4

Site Donor
Reaction score
apparently you could order a petri with a leather wrapping on for e3/e9. i bought a 38cm that supposedly came with a rare ordered leather from the factory that is aged beyond use anyway, so the rubber wheel would not be a problem, or I got sold a story.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i believe OCCoupe had his nickel plated and then Juan Ortiz covered it in leather (read total custom). this was NOT an inexpensive redo. as i remember the foam was cut back on the spokes and they were plated (no idea what the prep work or quantity thereof entailed).