Photo hosting question

Mo Brighta

Reaction score
I posted 5 pics on Photobucket for a specific thread on a forum that doesn't allow uploading pictures. Now, every time I log onto Photobucket I get a warning that I am illegally hosting pictures on a 'free account,' and will be locked out soon unless I start forking over $5 per month.

Their help screen on this topic says 'Sharing' is OK, 'Hosting' is not. Sharing is posting to ALL your Social Media accounts, Hosting is "embedding images from your account to your favorite website." They mention blogs and how-to forums as examples.

Anyone else been through this wringer, and have a suggested or favorite picture hosting site I could switch to -- or any useful suggestions at all?

I am working with an older PC, NOT a smartphone or any device made in the last 20 years.

Thanks!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
20 year old PC meaning 2001 is a relic. My 1998 iMac was no longer compatible with the internet in 2008. Time to upgrade a more modern machine.

mye28 drives me mad because it’s so archaic & google is deactivating inactive photo & email accounts.Email accounts now have limited space ceilings instead of unlimited.