Photos of Fake Door Card Trim

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
20180418_173538.jpg

Hi. These are fake door card trim pieces that I just finished making. You will have a hard time seeing any difference once installed. Installation instructions and hardware need will be included in the price.
Each long lower trim will be $30 and short pieces will be $20. Prices do not include shipping costs.
Thanks
Koopman

Attachments

• 20180418_173557.jpg
    20180418_173557.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Harry,
I might be interested, how do they attach? do they have the same slot in the back?

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Harry,
I might be interested, how do they attach? do they have the same slot in the back?
Hi Mark. The trim will be attached using 1/2 inch flat head wood screws with a washer which will be included Pretty simple actually.
I will sell you the first set I made for $50 plus shipping.
Once they are on you can not tell the difference. If you want I can send you a small section as a sample. Did you get blue door cards yet?
Let me know.
Thanks
Harry

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I will be making 20 sets ,assuming my health continues the way it is now. I will start taking request on a first come first serve bases.
Again, samples are available on request.
Thanks Again .
Koopman

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Harry, what a find !

I am interested in a set, but first 2 questions:
1. Are the ends finished as folded sheet material, or made from solid stock?
2. Perhaps I want to do the edges myself (as I don't care if I spend 10 hours doing so....), Would you also ship 4 pieces with some overlength so I can play around with the ends?

Erik.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Erik. I will send you two as photos and two longer ones that you can play with.. How's $200 plus shipping cost sound? Do you have paypal?
My PayPal info is [email protected]
Thanks
Koopman

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Harry,

Firstly I think your idea is fantastic. With that said, before selling I think that you should do some more testing of door panel fitment. Also some additional user acceptance testing. So far we only have these pics. The piece on the right looks good but the profile of the piece on the left looks off. I know they are the same. Is the back flat? Can you snap a pic of the profile?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I will be making 20 sets ,assuming my health continues the way it is now. I will start taking request on a first come first serve bases.
Again, samples are available on request.
Thanks Again .
Koopman
Harry,
These look great! I hope your health continues but if not, I hope you have written instructions on how to duplicate your process so someone else can take over. To Marcos’ point you may want to send a sample to someone to compare with the original... I did that with the tail light lenses and it gives another set of eyes on the product and any constructive feedback if needed. If you like you can send a set to me in NH and I will send it to the first buyer or your first buyer could give feedback. The second option has fewer steps and can work if they have an OEM piece with which to compare.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Erik, You are asking to finish the ends yourself and if they are sheet metal, I think he is making these out of wood, Harry correct me if I am wrong

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. Markos. I will send you a sample. I have attached them to a door panel and fit is fine. I promise the profiles will be the same. I thought these would only be a cheap temporary way out for so many members who need them and can not find any nice used ones. They will be easy to install and I will include wood screws and washes for attaching them.
Thanks.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Harry!

You don’t need to send it to me. I have all of my trim. Send it to Stan!

I’m happy to help but my steady stream of “free” parts has my wife on high alert. :D

“That was free honey”...
“I’m going to sell that honey”...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m happy to help but my steady stream of “free” parts has my wife on high alert. :D

“That was free honey”...
“I’m going to sell that honey”...
That's interesting - I've had these exact same conversations. :D

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there's another way around this. box up a little air + paper ... put a label on it and leave it in plain view to be mailed. take it with you to work + throw it away (or store it for future use). then when the package of free parts arrives ... its the trade for the parts you mailed out the week before.