Picked up a Supersprint Exhaust

How does that compare to the price of the Fritz Bitz SS system?
I have the Fritz on my car and Stahl headers. Not too loud.
Steve may recall the sound from our trip to Legends.
Stan, I think only you could answer that, I have never seen or heard the system so I have no point of reference. I guess you could take some videos with your phone and upload them like I did. Mine were taken in a garage, so I'm probably getting a lot more reflected intake noise than I would otherwise get.

In terms of an E24 system, if the M6 and 635 share exhaust locations, I imagine the systems would be compatible. @bavbob, you could email SuperSprint and see what they say.

For the total system cost, I purchased it for ~$1800 USD thanks to some sale prices.

I will say that the new system eliminates an annoying raspy resonance that came on between 2-4k with the old exhaust, and the exhaust has a much more pronounced bass tone vs the old system. I have no idea if there's any power benefit. I doubt there is, given the original downpipes and exhaust manifolds are still in place. The car's still up in the air until I get some underbody shots for the group, then I'll take it down and see how it drives.

Took it for a 2nd spin earlier this week; nothing fell off and everything seems to have stayed true. The exhaust seemed to resolve a number of noise complaints I mentioned in my last post (particularly the buzz / rasp at ~3k) so I'm pleased as punch. If it acts like the older system on my previous E34 540, it will 'mellow' a bit and get slightly more bass-heavy with miles.

I guess the one thing I am a bit sad about is they changed the branding method on the exhaust finisher. Earlier systems had an embossed SuperSprint logo on the top, like this:
1717208664372.png

Mine does not, it looks like it was laser-etched or otherwise burned into the metal. Probably cheaper.

Anybody want any other pictures or videos to help them with any remaining questions?

Onward to other fixes, like the rear bumper! (and that Megasquirt + S38 swap)

Last edited:
Back