Pictures of My FI Conversion

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally posting a couple of 'after' pictures of my L tronic fuel injection conversion. A big improvement over the down draft webers. It was definitely worth the effort, the car is running sweeter than ever.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 273
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
pretty car Vince. who did you get the 635 style airdam from? is that one of Coupeguy's?

cheers
s

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks! It's the one that coupeguy sells.

Here are some more shots.

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 260

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Ed!

The seats are Recaros, they were in the car when I bought it almost 8 years ago. I liked them so much, I had them reupholstered in leather with the rest of the interior.

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi Vince, your car's stance of those 16's looks sweeeeeet!

Could I ask what front spring spec you're running, where you got them from and how hard the ride is over bad roads? Here in London there's a lot of speed humps etc so although I don't have a front skirt like you I still have to bear this in mind when choosing springs etc!

Cabrio330

Reaction score
I have photos of Vince's car stored on my computer because it is beautiful, it is my favorite color for an E9, and because some of the pics show his beautiful chocolate lab. Clearly I appreciate his car, a lot. But I can't pass up a chance to give him grief about the rusty battery brackets! I lol'd because everything looks great, but that first photo seems to emphasize those untidy bits! ;-)

And should anyone miss the tongue planted in the side of my cheek, I will admit to having a much less tidy engine bay!

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have photos of Vince's car stored on my computer because it is beautiful, it is my favorite color for an E9, and because some of the pics show his beautiful chocolate lab. Clearly I appreciate his car, a lot. But I can't pass up a chance to give him grief about the rusty battery brackets! I lol'd because everything looks great, but that first photo seems to emphasize those untidy bits! ;-)

And should anyone miss the tongue planted in the side of my cheek, I will admit to having a much less tidy engine bay!

Yeah, I can't argue with you about the battery area. It's a cheap battery too, but it's still going. I'm planning on replacing it with an Optima or something similiar next year. I'll get that mess cleaned up then.

Can't do anything else to the car this year. My 2011 Coupe funds are completely depleted.

Thanks for the comment about Hershey, she's my bud.

pamp

Reaction score
Battery

Here is what I did...Optima battery using the hold down from a 1990 Chevy CK 1500 truck.
Hold down was six bucks from the local GM dealer and fits like it was made for the battery tray on my car...better than new! Still on the fence for the trunk mount / strut brace deal.
Funny how when you stuff a camera in the engine bay you spot more corrosion that needs to be attacked...
Library-5972.jpg

I swear Vince, we must be long lost brothers. Lets see...injected CS coupe with 635 spoiler and BBS RS wheels...Check. Brown retriever...Check. Chester the Chesapeake doesn't fetch ducks too great but he does something better...he fetches beer!
101_1657.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
okay - i almost fit into this group ... injected CS coupe - check, 635 spoiler - check, 16" alpinas - almost ... happy go lucky yellow labrador who will fetch anything she can get her mouth around - but she would rather drink the beer.

pamp

Reaction score
rsporsche

Any recent pics of your ride? Curious to ask Dan K. how many of his spoilers are out there. I love the look as well as it keeps the nose down effectively at speed. One of our guys put some black diamond mesh material behind the slots, forgot his name. Like to know just how that was done before I go it alone.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As soon as i get the dash put back together - hopefully this weekend, and get the petri wheel put on ... i'll give it a nice bath and take some pix of it.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is what I did...Optima battery using the hold down from a 1990 Chevy CK 1500 truck.
Hold down was six bucks from the local GM dealer and fits like it was made for the battery tray on my car...better than new! Still on the fence for the trunk mount / strut brace deal.
Funny how when you stuff a camera in the engine bay you spot more corrosion that needs to be attacked...
Library-5972.jpg

I swear Vince, we must be long lost brothers. Lets see...injected CS coupe with 635 spoiler and BBS RS wheels...Check. Brown retriever...Check. Chester the Chesapeake doesn't fetch ducks too great but he does something better...he fetches beer!
101_1657.jpg

I love that picture of your dog. Not just a beer but a half rack! Unfortunately, Hershey hasn't learned that one but she does go get the newspaper every morning. It's her job, pretty funny to watch her wrangle with the Sunday paper.

pamp

Reaction score
The mutts

Not meaning to hijack the thread...coupe & dog love seems to be common. My friend Doug in Alberta built a custom platform to replace the back seats so that his golden could ride along.
In the dog mind if you leave without them they believe you are going to have dog fun (to the lake, etc.) Perhaps with some other dog which I believe is why they give you a thorough sniff down when you get home! Our dog stories would probably fill up the server and lock it up...