Pig skin material

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello fellow e9ers,

I’m looking for some material to use so I can repair/replace a kick panel and repair/replace some cracked headrests. The material is the yellowish colored material that is referred to as pig skin and came in early cars. There are 2 textures, smooth like what is found on the kick panels and the stuff that looks like it has hair folllicle . Please let me know what you’ve got!

Thank you,
Mike

34B30996-C847-471E-88C6-ED9485DB351E.jpeg
FBB1BDA3-F413-41DB-A7EA-0DFEEB6E091B.jpeg

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
At the time of my restoration I couldn't find exact. I used the "German" style vinyl from world upholstery for kick panels and turned out good for color.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've heard there is a farm in lower Mongolia that's started raising them again. Cross bred with Saquatch DNA so they produce larger hides and more resilient to cold temperatures...

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
I just replaced my pig skin interior. It was generally cooked, but i saved some of the old material. I also have some leather that I received with the vehicle that is a similar color, but different texture.

I will send you some pictures of both when I have a chance to get to the material.

Lance

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mike,
I just replaced my pig skin interior. It was generally cooked, but i saved some of the old material. I also have some leather that I received with the vehicle that is a similar color, but different texture.

I will send you some pictures of both when I have a chance to get to the material.

Lance
Lance,
Thank you, that would be great!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The last of the rare Naugas where last seen in Connecticut when they were tucked into bed one night. In what has become known as the Naugatuck River Valley

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mike, can you use this, it’s smoother. I have a lot of it. Was going to redo the doors.
Thanks, Roger

Attachments

• 17F1A383-B8D5-4F47-B5BD-A5D2855CE9D4.jpeg
    17F1A383-B8D5-4F47-B5BD-A5D2855CE9D4.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 61

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The last of the rare Naugas where last seen in Connecticut when they were tucked into bed one night. In what has become known as the Naugatuck River Valley
Andrew-Those Nauga's were not just tucked into bed.....They were tucked and rolled into many '57 Chevy's.---Drew