Places to bright dip anodize?

wcl4

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anybody have their trim pieces restored and then bright dipped? I'm looking for a place to do some of this work.

Thanks.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had some of my trim done then ended up rejecting it; so I had it polished and clear coated instead. Much better result.

wcl4

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was referring to the interior door card and "B" pillar trim pieces. I am sensing that the belt line trim and rear windshield surround should be done by Speedway. Is it better to have it all done by Speedway?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Will, you made the right decision. Speedway isn't always fast, but they do great work. i had them refinish my belt trim as well as refinish the trim that goes under the interior side panels on either side of the doors. it is all great work.

wcl4

Site Donor
Reaction score
most concerned about the b pillar metal. that has more of a chrome looking finish, especially since it's next to other chrome pieces.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Will, i presume that yours are beat up from the seat belt getting caught up between the door and the aluminum trim. i think this is a hard piece to restore, other than clean up because of the textured part. you can still buy new ones and you can find really good used ones. they are 373 each from getbmwparts.com and 237 euros each from W+N. BTW, i just looked at ECStuning and they say NLA.
https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/b-p...dels-and-years-of-manufacturing-51-06-10.html. there was a post very recently about somebody asking about buying from a German source who was selling a pair of these NOS.

wcl4

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was talking about the piece that's mounted to the leading edge of the rear window and has the rubber seal to the front window.

Attachments

• 20180202_113633.jpg
    20180202_113633.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 140

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think you could buy new ones cheaper than you could refinish these. the thing to consider is that the channel is often been hammered on with a rubber mallet that makes it very difficult to get the rubber trim snapped into the small channel. you should buy the new rubber pieces as well.

53.78 euro from w+n, but only the left ($65 +/- plus expensive ship). 78.51 from getbmwparts (both sides available)
https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/tri...ufacturing-you-need-1-for-1-car-51-27-04.html.

wcl4

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well after weeks of waiting, I have found out from getbmwparts that part # 51377740138 won't be available until "March 2019." I guess there is still a supply of the other one.