please use headphones on this one

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just bought some Grado 325is three days ago. I'd say they are broken in now!!

Need a headphone amp!

They do a nice version of Californication too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_dSJRhI98

bob, that is amazing !

i bought a pair of grado 2000 some 6 years ago in singapore at the adelphi, still enjoying them like the first day !

i am using a CYBER valve headphone amp by opera consonance with them

regards

j.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
bob, that is amazing !

i bought a pair of grado 2000 some 6 years ago in singapore at the adelphi, still enjoying them like the first day !

i am using a CYBER valve headphone amp by opera consonance with them

regards

j.

You are hardcore when it comes to things you like. That is one serious pair of headphones. I auditioned some higher grade Grados when I bought mine and settled on a price/benefit ratio I could justify to the family (not that anyone asked). I'll do some research on that amp. Do you listen to mostly Vinyl or digital? My shop has all my stereo gear now (3 amps a computer and firewire sound card)

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
You are hardcore when it comes to things you like. That is one serious pair of headphones. I auditioned some higher grade Grados when I bought mine and settled on a price/benefit ratio I could justify to the family (not that anyone asked). I'll do some research on that amp. Do you listen to mostly Vinyl or digital? My shop has all my stereo gear now (3 amps a computer and firewire sound card)

you are right, i had a pair of senheissers and i moved to grado because i was able to made an audition at the adelphi, a paradise for audiophilia at the other end of the world, i made my choice after listening to the pergolessi stabat mater with three different grados, undoubtedly i went for the top

(funny enough the price those days was the same in USD than in EURO, i mean the same figure, just crazy, so i bought them there in singapore dollars taking advantage of a nice discount)

this amp is a pretty, little but very well balanced thing, being a valve amp, it provides me with the apropriate warmth when listening to mostly digitally recorded music

i have a very minimalistic cd player and a DAC, both from NSD

no futile investment in aesthetics or lights, simply good quality components

this way i got a high end headphone oriented setup for half the price of an equivalent complete system

as i do not have time and a dedicated place for such a system, a good armchair in a corner at night does pretty well

i strongly reccomment the mentioned amp