teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
82459630.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am through with judging BHCC cars. But I will say that the juxtaposition of "condition" behind the radiator to in front of the radiator under the hood is polarizing. Everything from paint color/condition to stickers. Very striking delta between old and new appearance.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am through with judging BHCC cars. But I will say that the juxtaposition of "condition" behind the radiator to in front of the radiator under the hood is polarizing. Everything from paint color/condition to stickers. Very striking delta between old and new appearance.

I'm sure it was repainted and as usual, the engine compartment was neglected, which I'll never understand.

It's just a little bit more work to pull the engine, blast, and repaint.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm sure it was repainted and as usual, the engine compartment was neglected, which I'll never understand.

It's just a little bit more work to pull the engine, blast, and repaint.

Sorry Rob, I would have to say it's a great deal of more work. If you are paying someone to do all of that, I'm guessing your looking another $6-7K to the final bill. If you are going to blast that area, you might need to remove the whole subframe assembly.

jmackro

Reaction score
the juxtaposition of "condition" behind the radiator to in front of the radiator under the hood is polarizing. Everything from paint color/condition to stickers. Very striking delta between old and new appearance.
I would guess that the difference in appearance ahead of, and behind the radiator, and the odd condition of the fender insulation, are the result of an underhood fire. Look at the burned paint on the cam cover and windshield wiper mechanism cover. I guess the fire was contained by the bulkhead at the radiator, so the front sheetmetal and headlight access covers remained undamaged.

13208_p32_l.jpg

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree - fire. US side reflectors removed - probably replaced fenders and nose.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is that a Korman sticker on the engine? Engine not up to their usual standards

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting that the brake booster looks good still, but nothing else (expansion tank most certainly was replaced w/a used one).

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Agree - fire. US side reflectors removed - probably replaced fenders and nose.

Not quite sure. You'll have to see how well the welds were done and look factory.

My 2800CS doesn't have front reflectors and all the welds look intact.

Possible the port installing reflectors MAY have missed the front thinking the turn signals stick out enough to the sides.

If the fenders DID get replaced, then why would the old insulation still be on top of where the fenders gets welded?