Poll Waterless or Water Wash

Water or Waterless Wash

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have finished three cars with ceramic nanocoat (including glass) and no longer need to wash them. A quick rinse and squeegee, towel dry the remainder and done.

Ceramic coats last a couple of years. Did the glass as well with excellent results, Rainex is a thing of the past..

I have done this with my 1988 M5 because Black cars are just short of impossible to keep clean & my 2007 X3 Manual 6-Speed which is my Winter car. I can just spray the salt off with a 1 gallon sprayer filled with warm water.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
No water, no gas, no driving ony pure E9 form... I'm eco! E-C-O ... You know. I'm following new BMW trend to be cool. ;-)

So for my own (and Others) safety I sit at home reading Your stories.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I posted this before but LOVE this cheap car cover, only use it in garage. What I love is after you come back from a drive and cover it, the heat from the car blows the cover up like a balloon. Looks cool and it also makes a light landing for the cover when the care cools down insuring you do not scratch the car. Its also super easy to use and store Next time I go for a drive I will post a picture of the the cover blown up. Best $15 I spent on car

Attachments

• IMG_5408.jpg
    IMG_5408.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5410.jpg
    IMG_5410.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 38

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd be nervous about that cover flapping in the wind against the paint and moisture (condensation) being held against the paint. No chance of a rented garage nearby?
Nah - not likely. I'll see what I can do about securing the cover and I'll take the cover off, wipe the car down and dry out the cover when it isn't raining. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'd be nervous about that cover flapping in the wind against the paint and moisture (condensation) being held against the paint. No chance of a rented garage nearby?
My M4 is outside and my car cover blew off multiple times....hope did not scratch the paint. The disposal cover I posted should NEVER be used outsite

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
One of my neighbors has a reverse osmosis water treatment setup in his garage for washing his red TVR. No water treatment for the house, but a special water treatment for his car. I like that guy.

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Russ--I use a silicone squeegee to wipe away the water drops before drying with the towel. My 2017 Mercedes GLE 43AMG is dark blue and the professionally applied Ceramic Pro is still beading water after 5 years. The dirt doesn't wash away with just the hose,but soap & more water is easier than before the ceramic coating.
I do too, first with the one we used on our bathroom shower glass, then bought one dedicated for the cars. Works great!