Porsche 914 barn find - no eng or trans $3800

Well, I had to check out the 914 build thread and all I can say is OMG! I can’t even fathom approaching something this complex and involved. I spent quite a bit of time reviewing your progress and I know you will figure things out and get this done. Good luck!

@tferrer Tyson - I'd posted this as part of my "farewell" message on my E9 build but for those who may have missed it, here's the latest effort: Ferrari 360 drive train in a 914.
For anyone wanting to follow along, here's the build thread:

View attachment 149501
it is very interesting that little car with that engine will be monster I hope you have good brake system for it I like to follow and I will, I want to know what will be look like when is completed, I have a 1973 3.0csi and I swap the engine with 2006 M3 E46, E9 is very light car with E46 engine is a monster and your car will be one crazy monster good lock

I saw a TV show where some Brit converted the 914 to electric.
Engine & trans gone, the job is started
Elec into a 914 is a walk in the park compared to this endeavor. It's been done quite a few times. This swap? I don't think anyone has even dreamt of it... well, until now...

Ferrari 360 drive train in a 914.

That is so awesome... more power to you for the vision and the execution. So cool.

I've always thought about a Prancing Pony in a 2002... either mid-engine such as yours, or a conventional front engine swap of a small V12.

This 914 will be quite a ride when it's done, can't wait to see it.

Ed

This 914 will be quite a ride when it's done, can't wait to see it.
It'll be hard to top the LS3 hit. I almost lost a couple of teeth fillings when he leaned into it without forewarning me...the word violent springs to mind....but nothing street car derived tops the small displacement V8 Ferrari sound. It went away at the 430. The 355/360 sound incredible with Tumi headers and high-flow cats..

Back