Position Antenna

E9Eric

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have a Malaga E9 originally delivered in the US and doing a partial restauration on the car.

The car has currently an electric Hirschman antenna on the right wing. Please see attached pictures. Was this the original position where BMW put the antenna?

Google confuses me where the antenna should be placed.. I see pics with left and righ side, front and back ... :)

Attachments

• E9 antenna 1.jpg
    E9 antenna 1.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 221
  • E9 antenna 2.jpg
    E9 antenna 2.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 230
  • E9 antenna 3.jpeg
    E9 antenna 3.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 229

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
make a search, i remember pictures of original mounting instrcutions, i believe it is left front fender
but i have rear right and it works lovely
your position is horrendous as water and dirt will be there,
i would change that position at once

m_thompson

Reaction score
When I replaced the front fenders I found a hole in the reinforcing parts of the left fender right where I have seen other antenna installed. I installed a manual antenna there. I never looked to see if the same hole exists on the right fender.

mr bump

Reaction score
Dealerships positioned them where ever the customer wanted them, locations were very hit and miss, so fit it where ever you want it.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my coupe had a manual antenna on the right front fender. the antenna wouldn't go down flush with the fender. i had the painter fill the hole and eliminate the antenna. i am going to try an internal antenna. if that doesn't work, i will put it where Andrew's is ... i think that is the location that looks best and on LHD cars, the side that will sustain the least user damage

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dealer instructions from the radio manufacturers indicate the driver front fender. But driver rear fender angling backwards looks better imho. I tried to upload a copy but still not working.