possible gem

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sort of a throwback to the old Hemmings ads, pre-computer. Lots of trust from fools like me...I once flew to NJ, c.1983, in a snow storm to look at a coupe that had 30K miles. Wouldn't crank...didn't happen. Yes pictures mean alot. A scratch'n'sniff would help. Boots on the ground, even more. But a non-starter is a non-starter.

Brlazar

Reaction score
Update
I will post vin and photos shortly.
to answer a few questions..... 1) the car was a solid 4.5 outta 5 when parked. Family tragedy on a very sad day turned me into a 6-7 day a week owner / operator of family business for 22 so yrs to date. I parked the car , rolled up my sleeves, and went to work... I also had a 65 vette that sat next to my e9. the vette, sold last yr at a fair price in similar condition to the e9, that is, parked wet , covered and ignored.
It is time to move forward or on with the e9 ...... the more I look, the more I am confident that shes as billed.
73 csi 4 spd
sunroof, a/c
chamonix
black leather
4 power windows ( working when parked )

small area of bubbling on front drivers fender and leading edge of black rocker strip
2-3 bubbles along trunk lid
no accidents
drivers seat need to be reskinned and im sure id do both if I start refurbishment
rubber seals need attention on numerous windows and sunroof
headliner starting to drop
steering wheel ( orig black leather ) needs to be rewrapped or replaced ( looking for 38cm petri presently)
lots of undercoating in engine bay..... towers and all look great.
peeked behind glove box and only saw white paint ( no rust from quick look )
tires obviously shot)
brakes, fuel delivery system, all hoses and belts, are all under the obvious items needing attention.
glass is good, chrome responding to clean up nicely but only a small section looked at so far.
when i bought her i was told i was the 3rd owner approx 1994. the car was 21 yrs old and recommended to me by bavarian specialties in king of prussia Pa
as i brought in a 72 cs( to be inspected for possible purchase) that had significant rust but had a ton of "scoot"! Bavarian specialties educated me to the rust issues and told me of this really clean california car just in and available. i went for it but noticed that the csi wasnt quicker than the cs. as engine was 21 yrs old, i was suggested that a rebuild may be in order. so we proceeded. I have all receipts, brakes redone, a/c refreshed and they had a csl sway bar sitting on a shelf that was offered to me as well.

I'm now at a point in life where I have some spare time. I dont want to put what it may take to do a full restore at a few of the highly recommended shops as I am not looking to show it, but envision a no excuses car to enjoy. It seems like I do have too wide a range of possibilities and threw out the possiblity of selling as is, after I do some refurbishment, or go all the way, enjoy her and sell when the time comes.

yes, BAT and other sources are motivating me but I know its going to take time and $ to get those 6 figure prices.
I have had offers over the years for her as is , and as a REAL Estate appraiser am aware of how to establish market value with her.

she is a gem and when I post pics, no more advanced billing will be necessary........

she was cleaning up nicely before I had to go leave town for 10 days.

stay tuned!

Bruce

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Without any visual evidence of anything, let alone detailed photographs, it's a total crapshoot. Especially given the propensity for these cars to disintegrate inside of a few years given the right conditions.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
UPDATE..... good news for me....Ive decided to keep her and plan on sending her out for round 1 of her resurrection in late October. photos and updates along the way...... the more I looked, the better she was, a keeper for sure! Very excited a path was chosen.
Congratulations! You will at one point regret your decision, sort of like buyers remorse; but in the end you will be extremely happy!!!

This is a great community full of valuable knowledge and experience. Take advantage of it and you’ll end up with a better restoration.