Possible hidden corrosion Question

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Larry, with a lift and your resume I can see why you are looking seriously at this car. Through a pair of experienced, cold eyes, the only way to approach a project like this.

Looking forward to a long-term report with lots of photos.

Steve

Christoph

Reaction score
I wish I could afford to bring your eyesight and and insight with me. I am a retired Master Jaguar Technician who has lived on the Gulf of Mexico since 1987. I looked at seven Jaguar XJ6’s before I bought the one I drive every day.
Speaking of me, my eyes would not be very helpful. You are much more of a professional than I am.

As I've learned the 2500 seems to sit in Flevoland on the south-west corner of the Netherlands. The region is very nice except for the summer holidays. I don't know where you stay but you may like to do another long-distance trip, by Dutch means. During your stay a large classic car fair takes place in Germany, about 70 km from the Dutch border. See here: <https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/33rd-techno-classica-essen-april-12-16-2023.43019/#post-377603>. Usually there are no E3 for sale, they are just not fashionable. Last year we counted one. Anyway, it might be an opportunity to visit the fair and possibly get in contact with local classic BMW owners.

Larry Louton

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looked up the event and you may consider me your Emissary. Hall six appears to be where I want to be. What are you looking for anyways? Has to be small enough to fit in a overhead compartment!!
Thank you.

Larry Louton

Christoph

Reaction score
What are you looking for anyways?
For a moment I was tempted to say, a blue refill for an A.T.Cross ball pen. Those you buy in Germany are often dry. But I could not possibly accept even that and I don't want to cause you any work. It will be an honour to have you over on our tiny stand, that's more than enough.