Post-Holiday NorCal Coupe Cruise Anyone?

shanon

Reaction score
Happy Holidays Coupers!

Since Ol' Man Winter seems to be out of town here in the NorCal region, who's up for a nice drive?

I'm thinking of a San Francisco East Bay drive that can Start/Meet at the Blackhawk Auto Museum in the San Ramon area in the morning. After a peek at the museum (if we're interested or have time?) then we'll head up Mt Diablo, then head west to the East Bay Hills, then south towards the Fremont area. Lots of interesting backroad possibilities along the way with as few Hwy 'links' as possible. Route likely to take the better part of the day.

So check your calenders and ask your better half if you can come out and play for the day.

How's Jan 3rd or 4th sound?? After the holiday crunch?!
Date open to suggestion....

Interested parties form a queue here. 8)

-shanon

Shawn

Reaction score
Sounds good. Love those east bay drives, but I am a bit partial.....count me in.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can join with my E9 and a tank full of gas at 1972 prices...

shanon

Reaction score
Hi Barry and others,

Of course all safe, reliable and legal projects welcome. Run what ya brung. If your project pukes and pees, you'll be relegated to the rears so ya don't puke over someones elses lovely pride and joy as a courtesy.

If your Coupe is in the shop or in pieces, 'period' substitutes preferred. But again, run what ya brung. Object of the day is fun and camaraderie.

This 'tour' should have it all: hill climbs, twisties, descents, etc. A good run and shakedown.

e48d05b6e2ad046c3cf49b48c3928547.jpg
Diablo Summit

We will be in some remote areas. Cell phone coverage spotty.
Everyone plan accordingly. 8)

-shanon
"Rallymaster"

shanon

Reaction score
Sure! If it rains we'll all pile in your car.:lol:
'Run what ya brung'.

-s

bjshafer

Reaction score
Can baby brother come, too?

The 3.0CSi is still in the shop, but my '02 tii would love to join in if you are willing!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I might be tempted to bring a non-BMW and non-period correct car. After the 1st my time should free up somewhat, and I've been neglecting my fun cars. The coupe isn't roadworthy yet, but, did I mention I'll have more time? :cool:

Dan

shanon

Reaction score
Coupers,

Bring whatever ya want, 'sporty' is recommended though. Objective here is to have a fun, casual mixer with fellow E9 enthusiasts - swap some stories/lies, share info, and drive some entertaining miles with some smiles.

If your coupe can't make it............maybe you should have to wear a silly hat for the day.... 8)

Also, be ready for the entertaining challenge: "Who's got the Fastest Windows in the West...?" Windows (power or not) will be timed from complete upright, to all the way down, then completely back up again. So get that trigger finger ready! :wink:

I'm leaning toward Saturday, January 3rd. That way we have more time and everyone has Sunday to unwind (or deal with something) before the work week.

Thoughts about the 3rd??

-shanon
your humble tour-guide

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Saturday works for me. Here is the day I anticipate from the responses:

1) Start at the car museum, 20 minute altercation with museum security to prove the cars are not from exhibits. Dang mediates, as his Chevy Cavalier is beyond suspicion.

2) Drivers get on cars and rev their electric windows. Half the cars can't get windows up again.

3) Reenter museum. Talk the curator into buying PJ's coupe.

4) Rains like there is no tomorrow, half the cars have windows stuck down, other half have stuck wipers.

5) Spirited drive to see bjshafer's CSi at the shop. Shop wants to keep one coupe around so they can figure things out. PJ offers to sell them his.

6) Chalk numbers on cars, rally to Peet's coffee. Last car pays. Dang exempted due to non-period correctness, offers PJ a swap. PJ asks about Chevy Cavalier division at Laguna Seca. Shanon says sure, ya track what ya brung.

shanon

Reaction score
its official.......

So its 'official' now.......'legal' is a completely different story.. :lol:

27e53dcfa4ab2eaf877279a8897d17b8.jpg

stay tuned!

-shanon

steve in reno

Reaction score
This is a long shot, but if the weather holds out I will try to come over the sierra's for my 2nd coupe get together.
We are expecting copious amounts of snow/cold this weekend here in Reno, but January is still a long way off.
These cars are great in the snow, but don't have much ground clearance. It gets deep over Donner Pass, and chains are NOT an option.
steve

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve, if you end up making it, maybe we can hook up in the Sac area and caravan west. Saturday's aren't very good for me, but I'll try my best to make time. I need to get out and have some fun. We can see when Barry plans on leaving too...

steve in reno

Reaction score
Dan
Sounds good to me. And I want to see this all aluminum e9 you have!!!! Or is that your replacemnt vehicle? You could ride with me if mama doesn't come, which I doubt. Better like blues and rock and roll!
I will have to leave much earlier than you will arise in the AM since I have another 150 miles to get to Sac.
Or maybe I will come over friday night.
All weather dependent for me. Rain not an issue. (yes Murray, some do drive in the rain!)
steve