Potential Scam alert

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
A new forum member who has Alpina repro parts for sale has sent me a photo of my parts and engine, representing them as parts he has available.

Until we have clarification, please do not proceed with any transactions.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have received a message from the original poster apologizing for using photos of parts he did not have. I will leave it up to him to explain just what is on offer.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I received a message as well, I hope he replies here. No harm if an innocent mistake, always pays to fully explain what you have, where you are located and I really prefer a name to associate with a member.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I received a message as well, I hope he replies here. No harm if an innocent mistake, always pays to fully explain what you have, where you are located and I really prefer a name to associate with a member.
a big +1

daddywad

Reaction score
Reproduction parts

Hi all,

just to clarify any misunderstandings over my recent posts offering repro parts for CS and CSL's.

I am currently in the second year of rebuilding my Verona CSL 2285124. I am at the point where my car is just coming out of paint and will be home next week.

In order to be ready to start re-assembly I have been using the time to obtain or make all the necessary special parts I want to fit to my car.

I have found some special aftermarket items difficult to find so when I have found them I have had them reproduced so I can keep the originals. I have paid the heavy price for some of these parts but I now have all the items I need.

I found it was easier and more economic to make a batch of each item and so sell the excess items to finance the initial purchases.

So that's where I am now, perhaps niavely I have offered items here without knowing the mechanics of the Forum. I will change my status to show my location and update personal info.

I'm just another CSL nut like you guys.

I am based in the UK near Heathrow, I welcome anyone coming to take a look at the parts so you can see for yourself. I will offer each part as it becomes available and post pictures and prices

This may upset the purists but having had my CSL in standard guise for the last 33 years, I am now preparing it to be a little special although visually standard.

the engine is from an ex 335 race car;

Mahle forged race pistons.
One Group A 3.4litre engine block bored & honed to suit above.
One crankshaft to suit above pistons. With special doweled hub for damper mounting. Crank has been ground, polished, balanced.
One set of BMW Motorsport polished & lightened con-rods.
635 Gp A sump, baffle plates & mounts
635 oil pump new.
BMW Motorsport 300 degree camshaft.
Korman reworked head

Triple 48 dellortos
Stainless headers

KW suspension and Wilwood brakes

Hope this clears up this matter

regards

Mark

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mark,

Thanks for the background and plans for your coupe. Looks to be a very ambitious project, post some photos when you have time.

Chris

daddywad

Reaction score
CSL Resto

Thanks Chris, I will put some pics online hopefully next week when the shell is back.

regards

Mark

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope you dyno tune that new engine and post some Video when the time comes.

daddywad

Reaction score
dyno

yes, I am very interested to see what it produces.

that's a way off yet though, maybe early next year

regards

mark