Pragmatic Imagination

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have to confess this board is the last refuge of problem solving. That is because it has a unique combination of pragmatism and imagination in a world of people that either do not know what they are talking about, or factual people with no imagination to think what is possible or how your adversaries may think.

Here is the only place I expect to get a sane answer on where the hell is the missing plane.

My pragmatic imagination says silence means that somebody wanted the plane, not the publicity nor the passengers. That means the passengers were probably "neutralized" by oxygen deprivation at altitude and the plane landed somewhere. Somali pirates would have made contact right away and demanded ransom. So either the plane will be parted, which is not as easy as selling it to a Pick-N-Pull, or will be used for a subsequent attack. Changing the VIN and selling as is may not be easy unless the buyer is Putin and claims he never took the NFL ring either.

A stark reminder that the carrier's flag does matter, not just the ticket price.

Where is it?

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Arde,

I had the same thought as to a possible reason for taking a plane up to 45,000 feet. Are there so many of these planes that someone could put it back into circulation for private use and no one notice?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am not an aeronautical engineer so I am not sure how much this aircraft looks like others.
Could Kim Jung Il paint is red and use it as a private jet?
A status symbol on the ground. (after all where can he go?)
As Arde mentions, asphyxiate the passengers (cook and eat ala Soylent Green).....

More plausible than an alien abduction.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Only one of those, the fire, does not involve deliberate malicious action.