problem with a known seller

jc971

Reaction score
Hello
i am in the process of restoring the pon 3.0csi motor
I placed a large order with the irland engineering seller more than 2 months ago.
the parcel has been shipped, but at the wrong address it has been more than 2 months since the engine was opened in my garage and I was wasting time because of them.
I asked them to send me another package while waiting for them to collect the first shipment, but they refused.
does anyone have a good contact back home to help me ??
it is a big lack of seriousness on the part of irland engineering I advise you to be careful with them
I don't like to do this kind of thing but today I'm desperate

ECFF1C77-10FA-4245-A2DC-C566E46A396D.jpeg

jc971

Reaction score
well the new owner is not a good trader.
it's an order worth 2000 €
the parcel was sent to uk by mistake so after 2 months of waiting i asked them for a new parcel, because they will collect the old one, but i don't know how soon.
they just asked me to stop sending them emails
bravo irland engineering

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And how did you pay?
AMEX and Paypal were always great at reversing payments whenever I did not receive the goods.

jc971

Reaction score
I paid by credit card.
I had complete confidence given the number of orders I have already placed with them

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would send one more email, or a registered letter telling them if you are not compensated in parts or euros within 15 days you are turning it over to your credit card company. My daughter flew to Buenos Aires for a language school and it was a rolling disaster, thousands of miles away. At first the school offered a small refund on a large tuition bill. I said nope, no way, went to my credit company, resolved in a month. Full refund.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Steve

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And how did you pay?
AMEX and Paypal were always great at reversing payments whenever I did not receive the goods.
I agree 100% with the AMEX part of what you said, but PAYPAL for me has been a NIGHTMARE whenever I have an issue with not receiving something or if there are other issues with the shipper. I only buy stuff with Paypal if I don't worry about ever receiving it. AMEX has always gone to bat for me and never had a problem.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The question is apparent- why were the goods sent to UK?

Where would they have gotten such an address?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello
i am in the process of restoring the pon 3.0csi motor
I placed a large order with the irland engineering seller more than 2 months ago.
the parcel has been shipped, but at the wrong address it has been more than 2 months since the engine was opened in my garage and I was wasting time because of them.
I asked them to send me another package while waiting for them to collect the first shipment, but they refused.
does anyone have a good contact back home to help me ??
it is a big lack of seriousness on the part of irland engineering I advise you to be careful with them
I don't like to do this kind of thing but today I'm desperate

View attachment 126592
Also, be careful what you order from IE. I got burned on my cam I bought from them. Basically my head will now have to be dissembled and reassembled with a quality cam. I was told the cam I bought from them was from the same foundry as Schrick but learned later that was a lie and they are made in China and known to have problems. I will let the experts on this forum that know more about the story than I do to elaborate a bit if they like, but my point is, be very careful with what you order from them. The quality and integrity is not what it used to be. My personal experience and opinion.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree 100% with the AMEX part of what you said, but PAYPAL for me has been a NIGHTMARE whenever I have an issue with not receiving something or if there are other issues with the shipper. I only buy stuff with Paypal if I don't worry about ever receiving it. AMEX has always gone to bat for me and never had a problem.
I love AMEX, they printed a new card for my daughter when her purse was stolen in a Buenos Aires subway, they advance me cash when I ran out of it many years ago on a Greek Island, and I just lost my AMEX card on a bike trip around Caesarea. They DHL'ed a new one at no cost plus they keep honoring the standing orders of the old one...The best one is that I gave my AMEX to Tesla to test drive a car and the sleezeballs put me down for a non-refundable deposit on the purchase. Talking to Tesla was useless, AMEX refunded me after I claimed there is no signature nor agreement from me anywhere to purchase a car.

As for PayPal, in my case it worked because my PayPal is linked to AMEX not to any bank account, so when a merchant gave me trouble I went to AMEX and then PayPal to reverse charges.

BofA? I have to count my fingers after shaking hands with them.

jc971

Reaction score
The question is apparent- why were the goods sent to UK?

Where would they have gotten such an address?
the merchandise went to uk by what they wrote Guadeloupe, GB instead of writing Guadeloupe, GP
it is the small index after the destination that created the error

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love AMEX, they printed a new card for my daughter when her purse was stolen in a Buenos Aires subway, they advance me cash when I ran out of it many years ago on a Greek Island, and I just lost my AMEX card on a bike trip around Caesarea. They DHL'ed a new one at no cost plus they keep honoring the standing orders of the old one...The best one is that I gave my AMEX to Tesla to test drive a car and the sleezeballs put me down for a non-refundable deposit on the purchase. Talking to Tesla was useless, AMEX refunded me after I claimed there is no signature nor agreement from me anywhere to purchase a car.

As for PayPal, in my case it worked because my PayPal is linked to AMEX not to any bank account, so when a merchant gave me trouble I went to AMEX and then PayPal to reverse charges.

BofA? I have to count my fingers after shaking hands with them.
Yeah that's a good point, I forgot Paypal is linked to account and to go around them, but I think it is linked to my BofA debit card. Like you said, just as useless. I will look into that, glad you mentioned that. I'll switch to my AMEX. As I recall, Paypal made me fill out a complaint form or whatever and I could never get a real person on the phone. After multiple back and forth they just ended up completely ignoring me and nothing was ever resolved. I shouldn't use them at all anymore but it is easy sometimes for smaller items.

EDIT: I realized why I had the Debit on file because it had something to do with getting verified. I don't care about that anymore so I'll be deleting that card and just keeping the AMEX on file.

jc971

Reaction score
I will apply for an amex card which will be used to place my orders online to protect against dishonest sellers

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the merchandise went to uk by what they wrote Guadeloupe, GB instead of writing Guadeloupe, GP
it is the small index after the destination that created the error
They entered the alpha-2 code wrong?

oh whoops.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you file with your credit card, Paypal will not allow you to file with them. I did that and although I got my money from the card company, it was through insurance and the seller had zero repercussions.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My AAA Visa is through BofA. I have had at least four charges reversed over the years, quickly and efficiently(See the language school charges above). The most interesting, someone walked into a BofA office in NYC and made a cash withdrawal of $9,341 using "my card". It must have been an inside job, teller and manager approved the transaction. When BofA sent me a copy of the paperwork the thief filled out to get the cash, under phone number it said: Unknown. The nine grand, interest and fees were deleted from my account the next day.

Oh, I recently looked at my checking account paper statement and saw service charges etc. This was always a free account. Nada, nothing. The charges went back over a year, during the time the Feds were fining and penalizing BofA for opening dummy accounts, etc. I was passed on to someone in the "Resolution Center" or some BS like that.

Within a week all the charges were credited to my account along with an additional $100. for my "inconvenience." Shortly after they added another $50.

It pays to bank with a bank that is in trouble with the Feds. Hey, maybe that can be their new slogan.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Something is fishy.

What shipping company would ship something to non-existent address? Especially something so expensive?