Prospero's Garage

mosearch

Reaction score
Has anyone else had "service issues" with Prospero's Garage?
I paid them for a wiring diagram in early December.
They emailed me that it had shipped in mid December.
It has not arrived. ...
They do not answer my many types of attempted contact. Their e-mail address seems to be out of service.
I am disappointed. Not so much by the financial loss...just really wanted to figure out my turn signal flasher relay...:(

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They are a reputable company and will follow through. However, if you want the real deal with everything you need, go to this thread:

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/wiring-diagram-late-73-75-e9s.22639/#post-165719

Make a copy on a thumb drive to Fedex/Kinkos and get it enlarged to to 24x36. There are other threads with 2800CS diagrams too. Add you model to your signature so we can help better.

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/where-to-get-the-best-wiring-diagram.27029/#post-206829

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I received a diagram from Prospero's quickly. However, I use the original one (black and white). I've blown it up to 36x24, and mark it up with notes and colors as I sift through the wiring. There are (at least) two versions: pre '74 and '74 on. Not sure what all the differences are, but I use the pre '74 to match my 1973 3.0 CS. It has been very accurate thus far.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I received a diagram from Prospero's quickly. However, I use the original one (black and white). I've blown it up to 36x24, and mark it up with notes and colors as I sift through the wiring. There are (at least) two versions: pre '74 and '74 on. Not sure what all the differences are, but I use the pre '74 to match my 1973 3.0 CS. It has been very accurate thus far.
Love the name. Prospero is the main character in Shakespeare's "The Tempest." He is an exiled ruler, storm tossed on an island with his daughter, Miranda. He also has magical powers which he relinquishes at the end of the play and delivers a farewell often considered Shakespeare's farewell to the stage.

So there.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

If your 73 has window circuit breakers there is no single diagram, you need to use both, primarily the pre-74 with window motors from the 74.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I haven't made it to checking anything with the windows yet. Are the window breakers located on the drivers panel, directly under the rear window defrost and hazard light switch? If so, then I have the circuit breakers (and will need to parse that portion of the circuit from the later diagram).

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We can help figure out that wiring and troubleshoot it in less time than it takes to say Prospero Garage. Ask away...
Do turn signals and emergency light not work? Does the turn signal stalk work whit ignition off as parking light? Does the emergency light switch stay depressed?

... Not so much by the financial loss...just really wanted to figure out my turn signal flasher relay...:(

mosearch

Reaction score
Mystery #1 solved...finally reached someone named "Joe" at Prospero's...who explained that they "lost our shipping staff before the holiday and a batch of orders went missing,"...and the diagram is now once again "in the mail".

Mystery #2: turn signal indicator on my dash flashes once or twice; then gives up...although actual turn signals are still on. Kind of dangerous when they get left on.
I assume it's the relay...but I'm not even sure where the turn signal relay is located. Seems to be not related to the hazard switch, which is presently functioning normally.

Another clue (maybe); when the car is dead-cold, I get a few more dash-flash indications before it goes dormant...but if I have been driving a while Ionly get one or two flashes in the dash...

No need to keep absolutely box-stock on this car; so if there's a better "electronic" flasher upgrade; I'm all for it.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mystery #2: turn signal indicator on my dash flashes once or twice; then gives up...although actual turn signals are still on. Kind of dangerous when they get left on.
I assume it's the relay...but I'm not even sure where the turn signal relay is located. Seems to be not related to the hazard switch, which is presently functioning normally.

Common irritating problem.....been discussed with solution.

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/blinker-problem.19392/#post-138492