"pull it in and out of the garage all the time..."

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Picture3-3.png

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...temZ220500928830QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#v4-35

:mrgreen:

acat2002

Reaction score
certaintly hope it's not headed for the scrap yard!
Lot of heavy lifting still required, but looks like it is still very viable.

I think it's a "no reserve" auction, so somebody should throw thier hat in the ring.

chicane

Reaction score
It seems like a decent roller and it seems like he has all of the bits to finish her off (although I have no idea what the condition of the parts are. It looks like the body is mostly done. You could sell the parts and make her a decent track car or finish it off. I do think $3500 is too much for an opening bid.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Like everything else, it depends on the buyer and his skills and desire to sink valuable time + money. For me- Deal maker/breaker would be rockers.....Nothing detailed there. Everything else looks economically manageable at that price level. However, I'm not sure it'll even get the first bid of $3500. Hope I'm wrong.

Barrett-Jackson Fantasy bids anyone? Should win someone decent bragging rights here.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Who needs trim? Chop, channel, shave, french, add LS1, couple of gussets here and there, candy color..... You only live once.

jmackro

Reaction score
I like the bit about it needing "coarse paint".

Were e9's built as late as 1976? Did European delivery cars still have chrome bumpers in 1976?

For around $3,500, this car could be an OK deal for someone who values their time in the pennies per hour range. It looks like a huge project, but a lot of parts are shown and no obvious rust is visible in the pictures.

acat2002

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind is $1,500-$2,000 worth of Alpina rims (assuming they're not knock-offs and aren't banged up too badly).

So somebody pays $2,500 (plus $1,000 shipping allowance), so say $3,000 all-in for a rolling shell and driveline after hocking the Alpinas. Can anyone find a rolling shell cheaper?

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to complete the build from this point, but there value there somewhere.

Bertocchi

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind is $1,500-$2,000 worth of Alpina rims (assuming they're not knock-offs and aren't banged up too badly).

So somebody pays $2,500 (plus $1,000 shipping allowance), so say $3,000 all-in for a rolling shell and driveline after hocking the Alpinas. Can anyone find a rolling shell cheaper?

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to complete the build from this point, but there value there somewhere.

My thoughts exactly. I get the impression that it is a complete car though I am not crystal clear on that point. A non-runner that looked relatively complete sold on Ebay recently for similar money and it needed everything?
I am finding that pricing e9 is very difficult.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
David (Bertocchi) here and I have discussed value somewhat via PM...and after a long week with my lawyer discussing 'intrinsic proof' as opposed to 'extrinsic proof' I think the same applies here...The latter being the amount actually paid upon sale and the former being just how badly ones wants a date with the 'lady'...and how far one will go to get that date...!

Were e9's built as late as 1976? Did European delivery cars still have chrome bumpers in 1976?
Don't think so?

Cheers!

Ran

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
:confused:
David (Bertocchi) here and I have discussed value somewhat via PM...and after a long week with my lawyer discussing 'intrinsic proof' as opposed to 'extrinsic proof' I think the same applies here...The latter being the amount actually paid upon sale and the former being just how badly ones wants a date with the 'lady'...and how far one will go to get that date...!

Don't think so?

Cheers!

Ran

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Don't think so?

Cheers!

Ran

If your lawyer was billing you by the hour for that fluff it may end up exceeding the price tag of any date with any lady :).

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Bumpers

In most instances, when someone gives the date of a car, they are referring to the license/registration date. There seem to be lots of instances where cars were registered after the year they were built, especially expensive cars as E9s were when new.

All E9s except 1974 US models had chrome bumpers, regardless of where they were sold. The '74 US cars were the odd ones. All US cars except the '74s had chrome bumpers.

Bertocchi

Reaction score
I tried to contact him after the auction ended and I guess he is not interested or sold it to someone else?

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Mario...if this CSi is what you sent me a message about... I found his ebay contact info and querried him on it's continued availability on your behalf...will advise!

Ran

Update: Heard back from Gary the owner, says there's a deposit on the car and he will advise as it moves along...

Last edited: