Quartz clock repair recommendation

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I pulled my friend's quartz clock from his 73 cs today and it needs repair, the hands don't move consistently when setting the time and the clock motor buzzes loudly and drains the battery.

So is this a job for the folks at Palo Alto or North Hollywood or ??? And can one or both repair the odometer too if I can't? What say the experts?

Clock

I've used Palo Alto and North Hollywood. Both are good but see who has the better "turn around time". I just received my quartz clock conversion for my E9. Haven't hooked it up yet, but looks good.

Pat

Last edited:
Have used No Hollywood on my other cars,very satisfied. Getting ready to send them my E9 clock for quartz conversion.

not an expert, but i play on on TV;-)
maybe the points that close to rewind the clock are just dirty, causing the buzzing as they try to close. try opening it and cleaning it and filing the points?

I pulled my friend's quartz clock from his 73 cs today and it needs repair, the hands don't move consistently when setting the time and the clock motor buzzes loudly and drains the battery.

So is this a job for the folks at Palo Alto or North Hollywood or ??? And can one or both repair the odometer too if I can't? What say the experts?

not an expert, but i play on on TV;-)
maybe the points that close to rewind the clock are just dirty, causing the buzzing as they try to close. try opening it and cleaning it and filing the points?

turnaround time is the key....I have had both places take a lot of time every once in a while to return a part.....make sure they give you an exact time frame....since they are both fairly expensive.

Has anyone had their clock repaired within the past year at North Hollywood Speedometer and Clock Co.? If so, what is the cost for the repair?

As opposed to the forum giving you bogus info as to cost.
Just call them and get a quote on cost and time for repair.
N Hollywood is a good business.

I did use N Hollywood. I didn't think that the cost was high and turn around was quick. It has been over 5 years since my use. NO issues.

My $.02

whoever does call or email ... let us know what the estimate is (for budgeting purposes)

Looked at my receipts from the previous owner. Clock was repaired in 2008 by No. Hollywood and in 2015 still keeps perfect time. Cost was $260.

Frank at N Hollywood Speedo..."135-350 depending on what parts it needs and what needs to be done. Most run 180-220. 10 day turnaround time. Shipping charge of $15 to commercial address and $17 to residential address in Boston."

Last edited:
Back