Question about E3 Turning Signals

rblongboarder

Reaction score
I've got another question for the experts.. E3 turning signals. While browsing the WallothNetsch (WN) website, I found this link to E3 turning signals:

WN shows a left hand side Euro turning signal and replacement lens:

WN also lists a USA model turning signal and replacement lens:

When I compare the Euro and USA lenses, it appears they are somewhat different.

In the photos, the USA lens appears a bit taller, and it seems to have mounting screws in slightly different locations that the Euro lens. This leads me to ask two questions about interchangeability:

1) I believe that the Euro and USA lenses are not interchangeable, based on their shapes - is this correct?

2) However, if I replace the entire turning signal assembly - swapping a USA signal assembly for a Euro signal assembly - do the assemblies have identical mounting points on the fender? Or do do Euro 2800's and USA 2800's have slightly different front fenders?

(It seems to me, from a manufacturing / mass production point of view, BMW would make a single fender style. If the vehicle was being shipped to North America, they could install a USA-style turning signal assembly; conversely, if the vehicle was built for Europe, they would install the Euro turning signal assembly. Both assemblies would have identical mechanical mounting features to the fender and identical electrical cable connections to the car's wiring harness.)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
US/NA market coupes have the larger reflectors and lenses, base should be the same. Same as coupe, single filament bulb in euro, dual filament in US as it includes parking light.