Radiators fs

Bavman

Reaction score
I have a stack of original radiators, are they worth anything for the tanks or are they scrap? In the past you took it to a shop and had a new core installed not sure if anyone does that anymore...

There may be one or two useable nice radiators also in the stack that I would not recycle, any interest...

$50 each plus shipping from 27305

Thanks

Al Taylor

As usual [email protected] is the only way to reach me.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Surprised in that we still have some of these places in MA. OEM radiators are big bucks and only from the dealer. Aftermarket aluminum exists from china, not sure of reliability.

jmackro

Reaction score
In the past you took it to a shop and had a new core installed not sure if anyone does that anymore...

We still have a few, old-time radiator shops here in southern California. They exist more for the restoration and hot rod communities than for maintaining everyday drivers. Most cars on the road today have radiators which can't be repaired since they have crimped-on, plastic tanks .

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Surprised in that we still have some of these places in MA. OEM radiators are big bucks and only from the dealer. Aftermarket aluminum exists from china, not sure of reliability.

I use a place in Lexington MA. My impression is that there are still enough old cars around to keep them in business (incl commercial trucks ).

They can apparently even get the old honeycomb cellular cores (eg not tube and fin). from a place in Maine!