Radio mounting kit desperately sought

pmjt

Reaction score
As per the subject - my Tadpole modified RadioMobile unit has arrived but I've not got a means of mounting it :-(

I would love to find a complete original fittment kit - tray, side ears and front panel but to be honest i'd take anything I can get! I'm based in the UK but happy to pay shipping from anywhere in the World if need be :)

Please do pm me or email pmjt at mac dot com.

Many thanks

Philip

pmjt

Reaction score
Thanks - I missed one earlier in the year - mint in box too! Having now had the radio arrive I'm just desperate to get it fitted :lol:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i have one original front mounting radio plate, the correct size and so on, but it is not a box !
it is only the front black plate
can you post a pic of what you need ?

pmjt

Reaction score
Thanks deQuincey - that would be a huge start :). Can you pm me with how much you'd like and payment details please?

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow :shock: thank you - exactly what I was after!!!

Your help is much appreciated :)

Philip

Don't know what your Ebay bidding practices are, but don't put in your maximum bet until it is until the very end (20 sec. to play if safe---10 or less sec. maybe cutting it a little too close). This is where a smart phone with the Ebay app really comes in handy when you are away from your computer...can keep track of the auction until the very end away from home or office.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks deQuincey - that would be a huge start :). Can you pm me with how much you'd like and payment details please?

the part i have is exactly the cover that is shown in the e-bay aution which link has been published in this thread
but be aware that the cover is the ONLY part that I have !
I do not know If you are still interested in mine, or you prefer the whole set offered in e-bay
If i were you I would rather pic the ebay complete set, and only if you miss that auction you can have me as an alternative ?

regards

pmjt

Reaction score
Well Phillip...were you the lucky winning bidder? :grin:

Yep - that was me :wink: Many thanks for the tip off. Hoping it will arrive early next week so I can get the radio in.

I've gone for a period Radiomobile, retrofitted by Tadpole to control a modern Sony head unit with DAB, iPod etc - really looking forward to having tunes in my CSL at last :cool:

Motorhead

Reaction score
I've gone for a period Radiomobile, retrofitted by Tadpole to control a modern Sony head unit with DAB, iPod etc - really looking forward to having tunes in my CSL at last :cool:

I looked at the Tadpole conversion so be interested to hear how it sounds. Where are you going to put the Sony unit?

pmjt

Reaction score
I looked at the Tadpole conversion so be interested to hear how it sounds. Where are you going to put the Sony unit?

The plan is for it to go in the glove box, mounted to the top - as soon as the fitting kit arrives I'll start planning it - then we'll find out if the aerial fitted is any good :roll:

pmjt

Reaction score

It sounds fab :cool: The way it works is that the vintage RadioMobile head unit is modified to become nothing more than a set of passive switches to control the Sony head unit - which does all the work. If you've ever used a Sony rotary commander then it works in precisely the same way. So the sound is down to the Sony unit. I went for a DAB unit (CDX 6650) though may see if I can change this for the CDX700U to gain iPod control.

In the end I put the Sony head unit into the boot, it's held onto the underside of the parcel shelf in an enclosure. My car had originally had speakers mounted on the parcel shelf - I replaced these with a nice period looking set of Blaupunkt speakers that I'd bought in the early 90's but never used.

The aerial in my car was a piece of junk - so has been replaced with a Hirschmann whip - but a retractable Hirschmann 6000 F1/11 is on it's way. And for the DAB we tried one of the adaptors but it's junk - so it's been replaced with a Bloomice glass mount pad antenna which is ok.

I'll post some pictures when it stops raining! But it looks wonderful and very original - all the modern stuff is hidden from view - even when the boot is open.

You can't get away from the fact the Tadpole solution is not cheap - but for me it's worth it to have DAB and MP3 CD playback in my Coupe ;-)

Philip