RAL powdercoat colour for air cleaner

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure about a CSi, but I contacted BMW a few years ago re: the correct factory color for a CS air cleaner. I was told they did not have a spec. I ended up sending the air cleaner—which luckily had its original finish—out to a paint shop for an exact match...

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't know how the csi cleaner disassembles but I took my carb cleaner top and had a auto paint supply match the underside which was well preserved, and it is and EXACT match, you can't see any difference between the underside which I left intact and the resprayed side and box. So if you have a part that is original matching may be an option.

Not sure about a CSi, but I contacted BMW a few years ago re: the correct factory color for a CS air cleaner. I was told they did not have a spec. I ended up sending the air cleaner—which luckily had its original finish—out to a paint shop for an exact match...

siscobmw

Reaction score
as yannick stated , this question is too much complicated for those bmw emplloyed, the risk is some blood out of the nose for this extraordinary effort....
BMW?s last air filter boxes were painted by BMW in matt black just because they yet forgot colour name/number during production.....:-D
I painted the box of my 3.3L with matt black..like the old one.
Francesco