really good condition 3.3Li FS in germany but....

siscobmw

Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite...:wink: Francesco, what are the flaws?

where to start? it has some error in the restoration....bad and not so bad...
well beige interior with anthrazit velour all round means that something is not original, or it was born with black leather or the velour carpet on the floor pan was faded by the sun or the wear.....never saw one with this interior colour combo.
sunroof lip spoiler (this is retractable, some springs put it in position when you oen the sunroof)is something never seen in a e3...I have got every spare parts catalog at home, and the only similar spoiler is fixed and sold in 1975-1977 only with plexiglass external spoiler....
aircon sticker in wrong position,transparent hoses for headlightwipers and windshiend washer go in a strange way, it has to go on the top of radiator in order to reach left jets of headlghts,between the bottom of a pillar and the fender there should be some "sealing compound"...
look at the right A pillar, it goes straight to the roof, but there's a strange bend on the roof trim just above right door windows(badly repaired after ione accident?I am just guessing...no injurious words)...mmh...
the power steering reservoir is not the right one, at least the cap is not right and it is not powder coated in black,the little sticker with European homologation is missing ,oil cap is not original, the thermostat housing is logically wrong, being the engine changed (why?) 3900kms ago,in some point there are no correct bolts and screws.....
between the inner fenders and firewall, near the seals, there's something like molding sprayed ,doesn't seem original.....
center plate of alloys are painetd in really glossy black paint,the tool boxseems to be not from a e3 3.3Li, spark plug place is missing and also the place for original brown spark plug caps(I need the opinion of some 3.3Li owner to be sure),emblems seems to be 1 correct(front) and one wrong(rear)......
in my opionion: difficult to find something better, but for a price like this everything should be in the right place....
Francesco

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
well beige interior with anthrazit velour all round means that something is not original, or it was born with black leather or the velour carpet on the floor pan was faded by the sun or the wear.....never saw one with this interior colour combo.
sunroof lip spoiler (this is retractable, some springs put it in position when you oen the sunroof)is something never seen in a e3...I have got every spare parts catalog at home, and the only similar spoiler is fixed and sold in 1975-1977 only with plexiglass external spoiler....
aircon sticker in wrong position,transparent hoses for headlightwipers and windshiend washer go in a strange way, it has to go on the top of radiator in order to reach left jets of headlghts,between the bottom of a pillar and the fender there should be some "sealing compound"...
look at the right A pillar, it goes straight to the roof, but there's a strange bend on the roof trim just above right door windows(badly repaired after ione accident?I am just guessing...no injurious words)...mmh...
the power steering reservoir is not the right one, at least the cap is not right and it is not powder coated in black,the little sticker with European homologation is missing ,oil cap is not original, the thermostat housing is logically wrong, being the engine changed (why?) 3900kms ago,in some point there are no correct bolts and screws.....
between the inner fenders and firewall, near the seals, there's something like molding sprayed ,doesn't seem original.....
center plate of alloys are painetd in really glossy black paint,the tool boxseems to be not from a e3 3.3Li, spark plug place is missing and also the place for original brown spark plug caps(I need the opinion of some 3.3Li owner to be sure),emblems seems to be 1 correct(front) and one wrong(rear)......
in my opionion: difficult to find something better, but for a price like this everything should be in the right place....
Francesco

....and the the black plastic caps on rear door panels?
Mine does not have them ( no holes in the panels ): maybe in this 1976 3.3 car they have adapted a manual window lift panel ?
And the "colour" sticker is missing too....

Reaction score
...the tool boxseems to be not from a e3 3.3Li, spark plug place is missing and also the place for original brown spark plug caps(I need the opinion of some 3.3Li owner to be sure),
Francesco

I don't know about the Euro market, but that's the correct tool box for a '75/'76 U.S. spec E3.

Stunning car, despite the other minor flaws.