Rear interior panel removal question

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know this must be fairly easy because I did it in 2002. I just can't remember if I need to remove a few bits before prying off the panel. So far the rear seats and armrests are out and I just need to get the panel off to access the waist-band trim on the exterior.

Help!

61porsche

Reaction score
rear interior panel

Clips, just like the front, then down from the trim/wood piece, and out.

wcl4

Site Donor
Reaction score
do you have to remove the rear arm rests and seat to get out the rear panel? If so, how does one remove the rear seat and armrests?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lift up seats and remove, you need to pick up the front and let the back drop an inch to release from bracket. Side armrests are held with two screws, one on bottom bulkhead, one near C pillar. Pull bottom of panel outwards then down.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When removing the arm rest as Chris outlined, have to remove the arm rest window switches and mark where the wires go.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Stan,
If you need to get the whole window mechanism out, go slowly and mark everything so your adjustments don’t change, clean all mounts first then use a permanent marker and take photos on your phone, that way you’re in with a chance of getting it all back together and working again.

Cheers John