Rear power window questions

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Passenger side is same except 3- blue/white, 5- black/white and these come from the console switch on passenger side, 4- is green/blue on both sides.

ATL_Alan

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Super esoteric question for your expertise: I am replacing the window motors in the rear of my 74 E9 and removed the armrest. When the car was reassembled back in 2001, the hole for the reupholstered armrest window switch was cut SUPER tight. I wiggled and pulled and wiggled and pulled and the rectangular chrome surround of the window switch popped off and the internals of the window switch spilled out.

I'm attaching a picture of what I was able to find on the garage floor but I think I'm missing a brass piece that looks like this:

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

Should there be two of them? Here's a picture of the inside of the switch with one in place on the right:

IMG_1512.jpg

I haven't found another yet but it seems like there should be two. Then the rocker switch looks like it just sits on top and is sandwiched in place by the chrome trim piece.

Thanks, Alan

ATL_Alan

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Super esoteric question for your expertise: I am replacing the window motors in the rear of my 74 E9 and removed the armrest. When the car was reassembled back in 2001, the hole for the reupholstered armrest window switch was cut SUPER tight. I wiggled and pulled and wiggled and pulled and the rectangular chrome surround of the window switch popped off and the internals of the window switch spilled out.

I'm attaching a picture of what I was able to find on the garage floor but I think I'm missing a brass piece that looks like this:

View attachment 145085

View attachment 145086

Should there be two of them? Here's a picture of the inside of the switch with one in place on the right:

View attachment 145087

I haven't found another yet but it seems like there should be two. Then the rocker switch looks like it just sits on top and is sandwiched in place by the chrome trim piece.

Thanks, Alan

OMG, never mind. I found it in a cutout crevice under the MSD ignition box in the back floor under the seat. It was literally the last place I looked because now my garage floor is so clean you could eat off it and I ran long magnet wands down every crevice in the back seat area. So yes, there are two of them! What a moron!!

ATL_Alan

Reaction score
Me too. It's a little clunky right now so I'm going to have to get it under a strong light and see what the deal is.