rear turn signal lens - passenger side

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
guys - title says it all, except i am looking for an early 2800cs or 2000cs red lens. could be entire light or just the red lens.

let me know
thanks

scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
actually, i'm looking for a 2000 cs or a 69 / early 70 2800cs tail light with a red turn signal instead of the amber turn signal. will look really cool on a black 2800cs.

thx
scott

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Coupeguy mentions on his site he has them.

Coincidentally, after a few years of one orange and one red I finally have two red!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
WTB - 2000cs passenger rear tail light w/ red lens

Unfortunately, Coupeguy doesn't have any. neither does Mario. Coupeking is going to look ... haven't heard back from Bimmerdoc.

Coupeking did tell me that its really difficult to remove a lens from the light. does anybody have any suggestions.

rb1971

Reaction score
I tried and failed to remove lenses from my lights and refresh them as part of my restoration. It was close enough to impossible that I gave up and bought new light assemblies.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I tried and failed to remove lenses from my lights and refresh them as part of my restoration. It was close enough to impossible that I gave up and bought new light assemblies.

and since they are NLA, you bought them - where?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the good news is that i have good amber ones. the partially better news is that i have a NOS driver side w/ red turn signal lens.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I used a sharp wood chisel and gently tapped around the edge to remove the lip that holds the lense in from the inside. A dremel would have been better.

I've done two that way, and IMO it wasn't too difficult.