Recaro seats

Alejandro Giraldo

Reaction score
Hello guys
I just want to know your opinion on thses front seats for my e9 project
I Really want a pair of scheels but I also like this classic Recaro's that I been keeping for several years

Your opinion is highly appreciated as always

Thank you

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-07-16-12-08-17.png
    SmartSelectImage_2017-07-16-12-08-17.png
    766 KB · Views: 494

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
they look comfortable and very adjustable. the thing that will look foreign in the e9, are the electric controls. how wide are they compared to the e9 seats,, do the electrics include the chair position control? or will they allow the standard e9 manual sliders

one thing that could help tie the seats in the coupe would be to use the CSL cloth on the inset panels. curious what the seat backs look like. the scheel sport seats don't have any detail on the back ... but they look fine as they are generally reclined.

looks like i see a forward tilt lever on the left seat, presumably they will tilt forward for rear access.

02coastie

Site Donor
Reaction score
they look comfortable and very adjustable. the thing that will look foreign in the e9, are the electric controls. how wide are they compared to the e9 seats,, do the electrics include the chair position control? or will they allow the standard e9 manual sliders

one thing that could help tie the seats in the coupe would be to use the CSL cloth on the inset panels. curious what the seat backs look like. the scheel sport seats don't have any detail on the back ... but they look fine as they are generally reclined.

looks like i see a forward tilt lever on the left seat, presumably they will tilt forward for rear access.
Recaro Orthopeds are the most comfortable aftermarket seats I've ever had. I used a cloth covered set in one of my early projects, a Volvo 740 Turbo wagon. I now have a set in my E9 (see avatar photo). They are more comfortable than the Scheels I have in my 02 by far...mostly because of their adjustability. In addition to the angle and bolster adjustments, there are three inflatable lumbar bladders. They're magnificent. Of course, they are probably better for "spirited" road driving than hard core track days.

As to fitment: I made adapter brackets like the ones Aardvarc sells. No issues with seat travel using the E9 sliders. Having said that, I am 6'2, so I could see the controls getting close to the center console for shorter drivers. The tilt lever works as needed for rear seat access. Unfortunately I have them out right now due my repaint and don't have any better pictures. I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Agree with Scott, not exactly a perfect dovetail for a purist e9, but look very comfortable. What were these in originally, or were they only aftermarket?

Alejandro Giraldo

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input
I have the same seats on my 2002 and I can tell they are super comfortable and great looking seats for it
I will just give a shot and see how they look on my e9 but open to more comments and put them aside for now and find the ones I am looking for

Alejandro Giraldo

Reaction score
Here is the 2002 with the Recaro seats

Attachments

• 20180316_174653.jpg
    20180316_174653.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 266
  • SmartSelect_20190107-002816_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190107-002816_Instagram.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 184

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello guys
I just want to know your opinion on thses front seats for my e9 project
I Really want a pair of scheels but I also like this classic Recaro's that I been keeping for several years

Your opinion is highly appreciated as always

Thank you
I don’t think the electric controls are out of place in an E9.

If you end up not liking them, send me a note.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Recaro Orthopaed are some of the nicest seats available and the set you have looks more period correct than the models currently sold - which have lower bottom bolsters. As high-end after-market seats, they may not be absolutely correct for the e9, but they work well and are very comfortable. The original company has been around since 1906 and the seat specialty side started in 1965, so if this kind of all-feature model was available at that time, it may have been used for coupes.

Full leather looks good, but won't have the ventilation that leather/fabric models offer. As mentioned, Aardvark mounting adapters work well to try them in your car to see if they suit you.

Dohn

Reaction score
I love the Recaros. Fit nicely, and look period correct, even if not original. I've driven the car from Ohio to New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Asheville and more, and never had a sore backside. Mine are the manual ones, not powered, but similar to yours.
30cs seats.jpeg