Red Screwdrivers

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mot27 cars.
I will start you off with a small collection of E9 tools. I will send you 5 different tools at $6 each and shipping of $7.80 .
I think that's a good deal and a good way to search for the rest of the tools
Thanks

Well that would be a great idea.
I have an e3...are those tools that would be appropriate for it?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And Stan, I’m not trying to drive you crazy but we need to find you the earlier water pump pliers with the smoother embossing on the handle and the spark plug tool with the internal metal clip visible here. :rolleyes:

View attachment 59655
Chris, we are getting that fixed for our friend Stan ... he will have the correct ones very soon.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don't the e9 small screwdrivers have a metal insert instead of a plastic one that came on later models?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve,

i do think the originals from early years had a metal insert. don't know about the 74's / late '73s

jmackro

Reaction score
Where does the “10,000 volt” reference come from?

I would assume it means that the plastic handle will insulate up to 10,000 volts. That is, if the metal part of the screwdriver touched something 10,000 volts from ground, you'd be just fine (even if you were barefoot, standing in salty water).

But when I'm working around 10,000 volts, would I trust a used screwdriver that I bought on ebay ? That's another question!

Last edited: