Replacement E9 Windshield - Source?

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
KEP - I bought both front and rear glass from W&N and they were very good about it. The rear glass arrived damaged, and they made good and immediately sent a new one out, that arrived fine. Just the risks involved as UPS drop kicks many of their big packages.

shanon

Reaction score
Location?!

If any where near Northern California, just go to SFDon with an SUV .

Worth the trip ;)

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
KEP - I bought both front and rear glass from W&N and they were very good about it. The rear glass arrived damaged, and they made good and immediately sent a new one out, that arrived fine. Just the risks involved as UPS drop kicks many of their big packages.
@leonine99 How much was the shipping for those two from W&N if I may ask?

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Don:

Thanks for taking the time to help us! We have a call in to Mygrant Glass and they're checking their warehouses. If I come up empty my next call will be to Walloth - though based on your guidance, I would be concerned about having our windshield shipped from Germany. I'll keep you posted on our search.

Thanks again,

Kim Petersen
Hey Kep, if you're not in a huge hurry, this thread says that Walloth has a 1/2 off shipping event around once every month:

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think W&N may not apply their shipping rates and deals to a windshield, swore I read some caveat somewhere on their site.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just bought 10 windshields from Walloth...

shipping was 1300.00
customs and brokerage was about 250.00
california sales tax was 10%
currency conversion was 2%

all large purchases are reported to State of California tax board by customs broker using your EIN number or Social Security number. Penalties and interest accrue to those that do not pay promptly.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I just bought 10 windshields from Walloth...

shipping was 1300.00
customs and brokerage was about 250.00
california sales tax was 10%
currency conversion was 2%

all large purchases are reported to State of California tax board by customs broker using your EIN number or Social Security number. Penalties and interest accrue to those that do not pay promptly.
I bought a complete set of glass. All 8 pieces. IIRC the shipping cost was about $600. It was 4 years ago. There was some customs duty, about $200 but no state tax. CA doesn't miss a trick.