Replacement sun visor pivots (mounts)

JohnFBD

Reaction score

As expensive as these are, try buying parts for a Merc Pagoda W113! Your eyes will water (e.g. fuel pump, various solenoids and relays, heater controls, etc.)!
Agree, it's a trick part to make so I can understand how they cost so much, converted to AUD$ though will be $500 which I'm struggling with! I have a sample of an aluminium 3D print coming next week, fingers crossed!

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not the same as a CSL, but look close. Porsche 911 visor clips look closer. You can also buy the proper CS clips from Jaymic, and likely La jolla.

CS Clips:

CSL-like clips:
View attachment 69885

Hang on, I'm confused. We talking about the clips or the pivots? I was talkign about the pivots.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good idea and thanks for making these.
I would like a pair. L&R. Just the brass finish is ok as I have a good powder coater.
Mine are installed in car but afraid to turn the visors to the side.
Gary

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree, it's a trick part to make so I can understand how they cost so much, converted to AUD$ though will be $500 which I'm struggling with! I have a sample of an aluminium 3D print coming next week, fingers crossed!

Be keen to know if they this gets up and running, I’d be up for a set if so

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anybody who purchased a set from Jim, did you communicate in any other medium?
Email address?
Snail mail address?
Phone number?
If anyone has any other way to track him down, it might work.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anybody who purchased a set from Jim, did you communicate in any other medium?
Email address?
Snail mail address?
Phone number?
If anyone has any other way to track him down, it might work.

A forum member has Jim’s original molds. I’ll shoot him a text and point him to this thread.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hang on, I'm confused. We talking about the clips or the pivots? I was talkign about the pivots.

These threads always flip flop between the two but this one was my fault. I thought someone had changed to clips and you we’re replying to that. Good to know that the e21 pivots work.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
My kid was casting brass and aluminum for fun but I couldn't get him interested, maybe if I made form molds

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe if you told him he would get $25.00 each as long as there are buyers?
How many do you think he would sell? mine are in great shape so I could make a mold from them
He as a temp job now so he probably won't do it

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK - Lets see if we start here and ask "who wants a set?" at $50.00 a set.
1. stan
2. doubledutch
3. Rek

Last edited:

JohnFBD

Reaction score
A forum member has Jim’s original molds. I’ll shoot him a text and point him to this thread.
We started out with a set of brass moulded ones, I'm not sure where they originally came from? Possibly the ones you mention, the hex was too small for the pivot arm so we started from scratch. The cost will be the issue, definitely not in the $50 a pair ballpark!

Attachments

• IMG_3217.JPG
    IMG_3217.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 160

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
We started out with a set of brass moulded ones, I'm not sure where they originally came from? Possibly the ones you mention, the hex was too small for the pivot arm so we started from scratch. The cost will be the issue, definitely not in the $50 a pair ballpark!

You could print those in vinyl for about $50. I’m not sure how long the vinyl would hold up. Printing them in bronze would make sense. I have interest in the subject. Coupe King already makes these and I have no interest competing with, or undercutting them.

JohnFBD

Reaction score
You could print those in vinyl for about $50. I’m not sure how long the vinyl would hold up. Printing them in bronze would make sense. I have interest in the subject. Coupe King already makes these and I have no interest competing with, or undercutting them.
Definitely not interested in competing with CK, they have gone through the effort of producing these, if the AUD exchange rate wasn't so shocking I would grab them in a heartbeat. Plus I only need the pivot piece not the arms.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw what Coupe King is selling. Both of my visors start to fall down when at speed with the sunroof open. The driver side has a phillips screw that when tightened makes it harder to move the visor. But it still wants to fall down somewhat. The passenger side phillips screw was missing. I got a screw to fit but it will not tighten up the falling visor as much as the driver side screw. What do I need to keep both visors in place? BTW both plastic pieces seem to be crack free. Thanks, Drew

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There’s a sun visor repair tutorial from @deQuincey . If you do a search ‘sun visor repair’, you’ll come across it. It’ll give you an insight of what the problem might be.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
There’s a sun visor repair tutorial from @deQuincey . If you do a search ‘sun visor repair’, you’ll come across it. It’ll give you an insight of what the problem might be.
Thanks!! When I was testing my new wheels & tires with some spirited driving, both visors were sliding down.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks!! When I was testing my new wheels & tires with some spirited driving, both visors were sliding down.

A common illness Drew. That little Philips screw is supposed to do the trick. What about the other end, which can be pulled out? Much play there too I’d imagine? The answer is in the tutorial. Or even pm the author for advise.