Replacement sun visor pivots (mounts)

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nobody is making them and nobody has them for sale, other than Coupe King. Stan asked if folks would be interested at $50 a set, I think they could be made (without the rod) for $50 a set, but it would take fiddling and hundreds of dollars to get to that point. Somebody just needs to step up. I don’t mean that in the negative sense. It’s nothing more than a factual statement.

Always spot on, sir. The CK part reportedly works, and it seems most will need it at some point. I wonder if someone close to them could broach how to get their price down? Not by begging, shaming or bitching, but perhaps taking up a collection to subsidize CK executing a large-quantity run. I don’t think CK price gouges—their prices reflect not only the costs of bespoke parts but the fact some parts have more value to them on the shelf for restorations. Might be a nutty thought, but otherwise
we’re left to wait until someone else re-re-invents the wheel with uncertain results. Nuts?

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Put me down please. Remind me though if this goes ahead, there's a lot of stuff on this forum and I forget sometimes.

MDR

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like to purchase three sets please. All are for my private use- not resale. Thank you.

Mark

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve done a little research into getting these mounts made from milled aluminium.
It is still in the planning stage and the current figure for a pair in smooth, unfinished aluminium is around $140USD which may decrease depending on volume.
These would be supplied unpainted so as to be finished to your taste and standard.
I am told that The aluminium being used to make them would best be suited to an anodised finish rather than powder coating.
If there is enough interest to get them made turn around would be some time in the early new year.
Let’s see where this goes...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice work @Frankie123. I see no reason for the additive cost of anodizing. They need to be primed and painted, so just leave them raw.

JohnFBD

Reaction score
I’ve done a little research into getting these mounts made from milled aluminium.
It is still in the planning stage and the current figure for a pair in smooth, unfinished aluminium is around $140USD which may decrease depending on volume.
These would be supplied unpainted so as to be finished to your taste and standard.
I am told that The aluminium being used to make them would best be suited to an anodised finish rather than powder coating.
If there is enough interest to get them made turn around would be some time in the early new year.
Let’s see where this goes...
I had a batch made up, aluminium laser sintered, only did a run of 10 as a one off, they cost USD$200 a pair. I have one set left if anyone needs a set right now. Just the pivots, does not include the arms.

Attachments

• IMG_3217.JPG
    IMG_3217.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 189

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Update
I have received some feedback regarding the production of the pivot mounts.
Production run required is minimum 25 sets to make this viable.
Price will be $130USD / €115 for a set in aluminium.
The option is available to be made in brass however there is a $5/€5 increase in price per set if we go down this path.
If there is enough interest to proceed then those ordering will vote to decide if we move forward producing in aluminium or brass and majority would rule.
As things stand there has been around 8 sets of interest, so there is still more interest required to get this moving at this price point.
If those who have shown previous interest could reconfirm if they are still interested it would be appreciated.
Please reply to new thread about this in parts section if interested.

Thanks

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’d like Aluminum.
Thanks @adawil2002 to follow progress on this head to this page.

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m interested in whatever finish is decided...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the interest @iconoclast6
To follow progress on this head to this discussion in the parts section.