Replacement sun visor pivots (mounts)

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have had made molds and reproduction metal mounts that fit my CS. They may fit others as well (can someone tell me if that is so?)The ywill never break. They are perfect fits. Cast in brass, I may be able to powder coat them in the orginal color. I will be asking $25 each for them if they are infinished, $35 if I powder coat them. They are specific for right or left sides.

I have attempted to place a photo in this message. I would prefer correspondence at the following email address: [email protected].

I want to be doing these in groups. I have some interest already and intend to do a production run at in the third week of July.

Attachments

• Sun visor mounts (new).jpg
    Sun visor mounts (new).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 865

pamp

Reaction score
That is a good deal and I will be e-mailing you to get on the list. This an OEM bit that I call "cheezy" I have an old Volvo visor kicking around and mechanically it is the same as the e9 visor. Yet the mount is stout and three bolt. For sure this is a part that stood to be improved and thanks for doing so. Of course the passenger side got broken on mine....another case of the spouse not heeding the "do not touch that or you will break it" instruction.

DaSurfa

Reaction score
I'm very interested in getting a set of these from you. My stock ones barely hold my visors in up position. Everytime I hit a bump the visor drops down.

David D

aguirola

Reaction score
James, I will order a pair, even though mine are perfectly healthy. I am surprised! It probably is related to the very low mileage of my car.

Any sources for sunvisors? These are inflated and probably came off the inner foam. The material is perfect and would be a shame to lose it.
Any possibilities with repairing them?

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pivots

These look really great .

Can I order two pairs (four pieces) all black powder coated?

Thanks

Pete

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hilarious

That is a good deal and I will be e-mailing you to get on the list. This an OEM bit that I call "cheezy" I have an old Volvo visor kicking around and mechanically it is the same as the e9 visor. Yet the mount is stout and three bolt. For sure this is a part that stood to be improved and thanks for doing so. Of course the passenger side got broken on mine....another case of the spouse not heeding the "do not touch that or you will break it" instruction.

That is so funny...because the same thing happened to me. My wife actually hit the bottom of the sun visor to pop it out of the hold and then turned it....crack! I said, "Somehow this coupe has remained all original and unmarred for 39 years and you broke something within 10 min of our drive." She didn't appreciate the irony.

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have you on the list. I am on my way to race at the Portland Historics and expect to return home about July 19. I will be in touch.

All the best,

jim

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
A set would be smart to hold in inventory. Count me in.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would be interested in the white powdercoat, but I am in regardless thanks. I also want for future need.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Put me down for 2. This is a great idea. Any thought to making upgraded female clips for the other end of the visor?

Dan

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great Idea

Jim,

I'll take a set, one driver and one passenger. I would want an off white powder coat to match my head liner and if that is not available I'll paint mine to match the original plastic/head liner.

One of mine was broken from the PO and all I could get for replacement was the type that does not rotate out towards the window so this will solve that problem for me. In addition to that the metal construction should mean they will last forever.

Thanks and Regards, Jon