Replacement sun visor pivots (mounts)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
please put me down for a set ... mine are fine, but you never know how long.

thanks for doing this
scott

BonitaCS

Reaction score
Put me down for two as well. I replaced mine with new ones from Carl and the passenger side already failed, yes it was after my wife touched it too... White would be great but I'd take bare as well.

Scott

kurtd

Reaction score
Can never have too many spares
I'll take a set, prefer off white powder coat but will also take unfinished.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Me too for a pair (white powder coat).

I sent you a note earlier - but wanted to post here too.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just received mine yesterday. They look very accurate and powder coated a soft white should fool the concours judges. Thanks Jim.

Last edited:

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sun visor mount followup

I have been sending them out. Just today I sent messages to many individuals saying they would be on their way. Matthew, if you are one of the people who replied to my original post by sending a message to me at [email protected], you should have received a message today.

I have a few sets left if others still wish to place an order. See original post please. Feedback so far has been universally positive. I guarantee them for life. I sort of figure if they are broken you are probably dead, because it woudl take that sort of wreck to break them!

jim

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just checked Matthew. I sent you an email today asking for information about color and powder coating.

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Follow-up on sun visor mounts

I have been powder coating, packaging and shipping many of these replacement mounts.

I recommend removing the push nut and spring on the visor arm, and then the hex nut that the sun visor mount fits in. Lubricate, reassemble, attach visor into new arm and use your visor the way it was meant to be used, without fear of something breaking.

jim

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Received my set a few days ago and the quality of construction is beyond first rate. Upon holding them for the first time, one will notice how solidly constructed and heavy/robust they are. Really can't imagine these solid brass visor pivot bases ever failing again. Kudos to Jim for making this happen!

DaveG

Reaction score
Got my mounts installed... Perfect fit... and it sure is nice to be able to use the sun visor again... Thanks Jim!
DaveG