Replacing Front Seat Belts 71 2800CS

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It all depends if you already have the ceiling mount for the should belt which this would require. Do you have Autoflug belts now? If so contact @bluedevils as he makes replacements with new retractors and webbing but you would need your Autoflug receivers or he has other receiver options.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It all depends if you already have the ceiling mount for the should belt which this would require. Do you have Autoflug belts now? If so contact @bluedevils as he makes replacements with new retractors and webbing but you would need your Autoflug receivers or he has other receiver options.

Won’t find that roof mount on a 2800CS. Not to say you couldn’t add it, but you would burn the paint on the roof if you tried.

The bolt was on my 72 CSI. My 2800CS is a july 1970 build and it is absent.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine also doesn't have a roof mount.
Post #9 in the attached is how I ended up adding retractable seatbelts.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my goal with the 2800cs is to install early e24 - 630 / 633csi front seatbelts, cutting the inertia wheel into the bottom of the opening in the rear of the door jamb ... making that box a little bigger and bracing the mount to avoid rip-out. then i have to figure out how to support the top turning point.

stphers

Reaction score
You can also look at these guys, Retrobelts or Walmart Believe it or not

Thanks, Rick

Attachments

• 1642558787254.png
    1642558787254.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 71

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does the 2800 have the seatbelt anchor point behind the rear armrest?
If so, a retractor can be set there but a mod to the rear armrest, for retractor space, must be made. I just completed this. I have a 75 but with a 2800 interior. Bluedevils made the belts. The armrest mod is a DIY job.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have seen many post about replacing seat belts but has anyone used this company?
https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/i-30...MIt6ODwJm89QIVbwytBh2MkQi_EAQYASABEgJXt_D_BwE

If so how hard are they to install, any advice pictures?

Other options?
Hello, what you want to buy will be $300 by the time get to you I todays day everyone want to make money from E9 parts they make a 3 point seat belt and they name it E9 seat belt that you will pay top dollar for it, I use this company and paid $74 now it is your choice what to buy.

Best regards

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it is same company but that's what I buy about year ago and works great.
what I buy from this company it is under 3 point retractable seat belt Item #: 300 now price is $77 year ago I paid $74 and works perfect.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Non-retractable is not really the best solution these days. The original roof mounted belts didn’t allow you to reach forward.

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Wobdog attached may be something to consider for your 2800. Upholstery Pro or DIY.

Attachments

• armrest mod to get factory '74 function.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 163