Reproduction Red handled screw drivers

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
not to my knowledge, not to speak for Dan, but last i spoke to him i think the idea of casting Heyco on it has gone away ... for the reasons mentioned earlier on this post.

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
I think it's very sad that the lawyers in this country don't have an inkling about the difference between right and wrong, neither do they care. Someone reproducing a part for a car that no longer is made and which the original manufacturer no longer cares to produce a replacement for is doing classic car owners a favor and yet they have to be afraid that certain people might rat them out. It doesn't matter what the law says, but you can be sure that lawyers will always find a way so that they skim off a bunch of money on a deal that really doesn't require any of their kind of "creativity" or entrepreneurial spirit....

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lawyers and E9's

Tom,
I'm a lawyer and so is Stan, and Mario's kid, Chris. Just kidding, of course.
There are bad apples in every profession and I agree with your sentiments about bad lawyers stifling good intentions to make available NLA parts.

As mentioned earlier, those who have those NLA parts and who might buy/sell them as a business may suffer slightly from availability of reproductions, but I suppose most here feel it's still a greater good to the overall community (cheaper, more available, less coveted). Personally, if it's a mechanical part necessary to keep our cars running safely and reliably, I'm all in favor of replicas. In the case of a tool or other (arguably) cosmetic item that is not critical to the operation or basic configuration of the car ... I like the idea of having to hunt down originals. Makes the examples of complete tool kits like the one Stan has all the more impressive and fun to see/fondle.

John

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
not to my knowledge, not to speak for Dan, but last i spoke to him i think the idea of casting Heyco on it has gone away ... for the reasons mentioned earlier on this post.

Correct Scott, no Heyco anywhere on the parts. The blades will be from BMW and all of them I have seen say Heyco on the green plastic handle, not molded in but rather silkscreened or similar onto the handle.