request for photo- dimmer switch back

61porsche

Reaction score
Yearly inspection coming up so was checking everything and came upon the healdights not working. A flip or pull back of the switch stalk gets them to flash briefly which from the owner's manual is a feature that they're supposed to do.

Removed the column switch and noted that the white- yellow wire was loose.

There are four terminals, i checked the wiring diagrams ( raka..faka.); but before I resolder the wire back just want to be sure it goes to the missing terminal and not combined on one of the other three.

Thanks in advance.

61porsche

Reaction score
4 terminal, 4 wires

$8 soldering iron from Radio Shack fixed a $150 switch. Problem solved. Lights working.:)

61porsche

Reaction score
The funny part is that it's inside the column and doesn't move and yet the wire sheared off clean. The back of the switch has ferrels that stick up, with a small hole on the side where the wire gets inserted and soldered from the top of the ferrel and filled. On early Porsches they just have a screw that get's tightened. Progress.

But the best part is that wire is the main feed and smaller than the white and yellow wires that feed the lights! So I guess that's what caused it over these many years.

Gave me the chance to take the wheel off that had the red locktite on the nut. Raka Fraka. Think positive.:)