Resistance on Black Bosch Coil

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm struggling to track down the resistance specs for a Black Bosch Coil (00010). Primary and Secondary. I have this coil on my '74 and am trying to rule a few things out as I troubleshoot a sluggish engine.

exact model if it helps: 0 221 119 017

Does anyone have these specs handy?

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sam, i have a new blue coil that i'm not going to use if you want it. price is right

I really appreciate the offer an may take you up on it. I'm still not sure if mine is bad yet so was hoping to check it first, but not coming up with the proper specs for it. (I've even tried to make the search function my friend.)

It's my understanding if I go with the Blue that I need to delete the resistor "wire" (on the 74) and run a regular wire. Not sure what that entails.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Correct, blue coil is internally resisted. If replacing go for a red one and a 1.8 ohm ballast resistor.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
DE67CD55-3710-4DF9-922B-395323EB0892.jpeg
Tested 2 coils to be sure....

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Most excellent Don! Exactly what I was looking for... even better (or worse depending on how you look at it when it comes to troubleshooting), my coil seems to be functioning correctly.

Here's to hoping the rev limiting rotor, timing and plugs are to blame. Those should be sorted tonight.