Restoration of UK CSi

sprintevo

Reaction score
I have just bought a restoration project of partly restored bodyshell and running gear and am after more details on the car VIN Number is 2266151 Golf Yellow with sunroof. According to the register is is a late 1972 manufactured and current mileage on the odometer is only 72,000 . I have yet to contact the DVLA about registration etc.. as with alot of cars of this age and condition there are no documents. I was wondering if any UK members may know of the car or have any details on it

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Evo,

Nice colour - but I would say that! You can contact bmw mobile tradition to find out delivery date but other than that I am not sure how to help. DVLA is pretty useless but should have previous owners for a fee I think?

Regards,

ROhan

sprintevo

Reaction score
project

Not sure

I found it on ebay in the UK it looked a mess but on closer examination all the paint was stripped and it had new front and rear quarters, roof needs replacing and it needs media blasting. to help with trim and other parts I need I found a parts car 3.0 cs with an injection engine fitted for just £300 so will have lots of spares available, running gear etc... if anyone needs to swap. there will be trim for sale

I need doors, bonnet and boot, ideally csl spec plus will be on the look out for 3.5 litre with 5 speed and LSD

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi Evo,

Can you or any other UK members help me with the following parts for 2800 CS I'm restoring?

Good C pillar Chrome roundels (not pitted)
Driver's door capping in good nick.
Set of front seats in any condition (must have head rests)
Boot liner pieces in good condition.
15 or 16' Alpina alloy wheels in any condition
Any VDO accessory guages

Any help or pointers welcome!

David.
0771 3251881