Retractable Seat Belts for a 69 2800?

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have some lovely, charming, and quite beat up original seat belts in my 69 2800 and I'd love to replace with the retractable type. Do you have any recommendations on what to buy and where to purchase?

Thx,
Ric

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you search for seatbelts (on the right of the menu bar) you'll find many postings with forum members experience and recommendations.
Here's one I commented on a while back.

There's a link to an outside source people have had good experience with and the name of a forum member, bluedevils, that also provides seat belt service. You can contact him by "starting a conversation" by clicking on the little envelope next to your user name, also on the upper right of your window. It looks like he was last on the forum in late October, so it might take a little while for him to respond.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
To get to 3 point restraints (assuming you have only 2) you need a second restraint point higher up. My 72 E3 Bavaria has both points in the B pillar. Pull the B pillar cover and see what's there. You may end up needing a new cover or modifying yours. Al (Bluedevil) is your best bet. He will work with you, troubleshoot with you and you can reach out to him anytime for issues and he responds.........