Returning after 22 years.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello esteemed community!

This is Bo Struye.* I used to own 2250199 ('72 cs) but sadly I had to sell it in '93 when our kids were born and we needed to move to a bigger house.

I bought it from the original owner here in Los Angeles and replaced the engine and tranny with those of a 635. Lots of other parts from that 635 were also transplanted as I indicated in an article I wrote in the CS Registry 1992 Vol 8-3. Before that, I used to race a 2002Tii in the local SCCA with Bill Homes and Carl Nelson.

As the kids are moving out of the house I want to "replace" them - so to speak- with another Coupe. So I am joining this esteemed board and it is awesome to read some of the great stories and bits of info from you all. Unfortunately since the kids all decided to go to college, our savings (and then some) have all been gobbled up by the higher education system. So I need to look for an e9 project instead of a spectacular finished restomod. Not looking for a bodywork moneypit of course but hopefully one that only needs mechanicals and can be had for a family friendly price.

Looking forward to participating in the good fun.

Bo

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome back, I have a similar story, sold my first coupe (Malaga 2240521) in 1987 to get married, was able to get aonther in 2010 after kids were older. Always remembered the Register articles and wanted another car badly.

E9 ownership is even better the 2nd time around!

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You pretty much get married to your Coupe as well, right? Just as expensive, just as cranky some times and just as satisfying most of the rest of the time.

;-)