RHD Brake Boosters

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
In my never ending CSL shopping list I need to now sort my brake boosters as they need to be re-conditioned or replaced.
Having a look on here I see some old threads saying Jaymic have them, seems they have a pair in stock.
Any body bought a pair from them before?
How have other Aussie members sorted this issue as I suspect a local re-condition isn't an option.

Last edited:

Boobouna

Reaction score
In my never ending CSL shopping list I need to now sort my brake boosters as they need to be re-conditioned or replaced.
Having a look on here I see some old threads saying Jaymic have them, seems they have a pair in stock.
How have other Aussie members sorted this issue as I suspect a local re-condition isn't an option.

Local overhauls are definitely an option.
PowerBrakes in SA do them. They strip clean,bead blast to bare metal, stainless steel sleeving of the hydraulic bores,hone to size,replace all Hydraulic/Vacuum Seals and Vacuum/Hydraulic test.
There are several places in Oz that do them.
ABR brakes here in Sydney do them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wes

GRKOALA

Peter K
Site Donor
Reaction score
My duel brake boosters are VH44 which you can buy locally . Can you see what brand yours are?

jeme9

Reaction score
Hi Wes, reading this a few months old, but previously I found Power Brakes (SA) and also ABS brakes rego them, but sounds like you are sorted.
I ended up getting some new units from a mate who had had a previously had a csi and csl. Replaced one (about January) and all was good, until today and found a pool under the car!? Looks like leaking via the control valve vent / mesh - bugger.
Think I may need to try and disassemble a unit in future and try and find seals.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I sent my old ones to Jaymic as they offer an exchange service for re-coed ones.
Not got the replacements back yet but based on others' experience I'm not expecting any issues.
Seemed like the easiest option as no a lot of local expertise in Tasmania for this stuff. Figured if I had to post might as well go somewhere that required minimal trouble with locating parts and minimal turn around times.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Hi Wes, reading this a few months old, but previously I found Power Brakes (SA) and also ABS brakes rego them, but sounds like you are sorted.
I ended up getting some new units from a mate who had had a previously had a csi and csl. Replaced one (about January) and all was good, until today and found a pool under the car!? Looks like leaking via the control valve vent / mesh - bugger.
Think I may need to try and disassemble a unit in future and try and find seals.

I would think that any reputable Brake/clutch outfit should be able to do them ( including Master ). Some of us here used Repco ( Industrial ) but they no longer do them so anyone from now on is at the mercy of Perth Brake Centre I believe. I'm not sure exactly what Repco did but i know they re sleeved with stainless and the old (ish} guy that organised rebuild said that if they should fail in the future then parts were available "off the shelf" ...I assume he was referring to seals etc. .... I think they (Repco ) may have "modified" them . Anyway, my brakes are exceptional.